Juno DS Display Question

Reaction score
Hi - I have a Juno-DS61 with the current 2.10 firmware. What is the purpose of the indicators at the top of the display that reads MFX CHO REV E Q MIC REV? The manual says that they are to indicate whether the effects are on (lit)/off (unlit), but they all appear the same no matter what patch I select - preset or otherwise. What actions would cause these indicators to turn on off?

I emailed Roland support a week ago, but no response yet. Thanks in-advance for any help.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I'm guessing here, but I'd say they stand for
MFX == Master Effects
CHO == Chorus
REV == Reverb
EQ == Equalizer
MIC REV == Microphone Reverb

In the Juno DS Parameter Guide the FX section starts on page 40 and runs for 19 pages.

If you haven't already downloaded this document I'd advise you to do so and familiarize yourself with this section. I'm just about to do so myself.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Thanks for taking the time to reply, Gary. My question was actually about something different that I haven’t found in either the user manual or parameter guide.

What conditions cause those indicators to change state? They look the same on every program/sound. All of those effects can’t be active (or inactive) all the time.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Since the effects chains can be very complex with multiple elements in each , you may find that most if not all of the few listed are active for practically every patch.

Then again the Parameter Guide does give a comprehensive listing of effects. My guess would be to edit a particular voice and save it to see if there is any difference.

Why not simply pick a patch and try turning off all FX for that program?

Or else simply wait until Roland replies.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Thanks again for trying to help, Gary. I’ve already tried editing sounds and exploring on my own - it’s part of the fun of getting a new piece of equipment and learning how it works. I’m stuck on this one. Was hoping to find someone who knew the answer. Not a big deal if no one around here knows. Not holding my breath for a response from Roland. :)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
There are some other Juno DS users here on the forum who are way more adept at voice tweaking than I am.

Also you may want to ask over at http://forums.rolandclan.com/

More expert help over there.

And who knows? Maybe your query to Roland Support will eventually bear fruit. They're slow but thorough. :)

No matter what, if anything pops up please post it here to share with the next guy who needs help :)

Gary ;)

Reaction score
It looks like all 5 on/off settings are global and are on by default. Turning them off in the menu dims the indicator on the display.

For MFX, CHO, REV there is a check box under the respective tab in the EDIT > EFFECTS EDIT menu. While the rest of the settings on each of the tabs seem to be saved per program, unchecking the box turns off MFX, CHO and REV everywhere.

For EQ and MIC REV, go to the System menu and the MASTER EQ tab and MIC IN SETTINGS tab respectively. For each, there is “Switch” on/off setting that is global.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Thanks for the update. Did you end up figuring this out by yourself or did Roland finally email you a response?

Gary ;)

Ask a Question