JVC-KB600

Reaction score
I wonder if anyone here has had experience repairing one of these vintage keyboards. I am at my wits end trying to find the problem. It switches on and the light light up but when a key is pressed the sound is just a high pitch piano key and then it fades rapidly where no sound occurs at all. I have checked the caps but cannot see any that are obvious, replaced a few that I suspected, soldered some joints that were lose but still no luck. I have only basic electronic knowledge after repairing my Casio Celviano piano.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.

Reaction score
Hi
In the service manual look at the power section.
Check the voltages after the rectifier ( + 15volt and -15 volt is normal for devices of that generation.
A higher voltage (20v tot 30 v is also needed for the power amp.
Check the fuses
I'll try to find the manual to view more.
Good luck
Mris

Reaction score
Service manuals... :rolleyes:... I remember 20 years ago choosing a workstation - between Yamaha Motif, Korg Triton, and Roland Fantom. I chose the Roland (Fantom X6 and Xa). The manuals of course were severely limited. After a whole lot of searching I found a Forum website called "Fantomized". The site's Fantom users taught this computer illiterate musician every nook and cranny of the Roland Fantom. I learned 95% of that synth from that Forum website, and 5% from the limited manual. I know it is probably a long shot, but continue your quest in looking for people who have known and played your JVC synth model - best of luck.

Ask a Question