Kawai ES110

Reaction score
It seems as though James is undertaking a series of Reviews of DP’s under $800 and has already been a but critical of the Casio S3000.

Interesting that he has now reviewed the Yamaha P125, Roland FP30 and the Casio S3000 and so far prefers the Yamaha.

When I did my own in Store play of each model I did prefer the Roland action but not the connectivity of it nor its poor method of changing tones.

My own experience of the Kawai ES110 was of a very, very noisy keybed which was a shame as based on reviews the Kawai was the one I should have walked out of the store with.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I take his ratings with a grain of salt. The man is all over stage pianos and piano voices but I have yet to see him do any reviews on workstations. Also, even though he denies it, but I think he's a little too cozy with the people at Yamaha for my liking.

Here he is raving about the Yamaha DGX which for me has some serious dealbreakers.

The only thing I'd respect his opinion on is keyboard feel from someone who plays concert grands for a living. But for the type of playing the average person does keyboard feel may be a lot less important than connectivity, voice quality and dozens of other features.

To be honest his reviews are less and less interesting to me as time goes on.

The only way to know how good a keyboard feels is to try it yourself. Pure and simple.

Case in point. Andertons loves the Casio PX-S series.

Reviews are a dime a dozen. If keyboard dynamics are important to you then get out there and test it yourself. ;)

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Good points Gary.

The name of the Guy’s Youtube Channel does give the game away about his preferences.

Thepianoforever

One major flaw in the Kawai that he points out is the very abrupt sound level change as key pressure increases.

To me his reviews are far better than those that start ......
, waasssup Man, ow ya doin

You cannot beat rattling the ivories yourself in store

Ask a Question