Kawai MP 6 editor - librarian software? Service Manual?

Reaction score
Hi everyone.

After quite a some research, I decided to buy a second hand MP6. The price and the state of the keyboard were perfect and for me it's working equally really well as a midi controller and as a stage piano. The piano sounds (acoustic - electric) are more than good in my ears and it's really easy to do basic tweaking - if you know eq-ing, gain staging, effects etc.- with really good results. Also, the velocity - touch customization is really great, if you understand the difference between sounds and setups and how the system works. But ...on the way the system is working is where I 've realized some problems appear.

I think I would like to have a dedicated MP 6 (or MP series) editor - librarian program in order to edit the set ups, since the screen is really small and quite a lot of forward, backwards movement is needed in order to program something correctly, and mistakes can easily happen. Of course nothing really bad can happen and the programming is not that difficult, but still it could have been easier - and I think it may be easier on MP7 - MP 11. But anyways a software would make things much much easier.

So since there is no dedicated Kawai program for any MP series keyboards (as far as I know), has any of you any idea, if there is any kind of midi quest, sound diver etc. type of "universal" librarian- editor program that is working in any degree with the MP 6? I say any degree because sometimes even if a keyboard is not in the software's fully supported keyboard list, some of its midi capabilities can be tweaked through the program. According to Kawai the MP6 can not do sysex dumb, only usb sysex transfer, and some users claim that the file format is not a common one like .mid etc.

I would also like to ask if any of you have the specific MP6 service manual to share, since the instrument is old enough - regardless of how good its condition is at the moment- and certain simple problems may arise in the near future. I can find online the MP4 one and it offers a good idea of what goes on under the hood but still it's a different board. I would be grateful if you can help me with one.

Thanks in advance

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
I normally check the ElektroTanya site for service manuals, but I don't see anything for the Kawai MP6.

There are a number of generic SysEx librarians for computers, tablets, and smartphones, but I'm not familiar with any of them.

Reaction score
I normally check the ElektroTanya site for service manuals, but I don't see anything for the Kawai MP6.

There are a number of generic SysEx librarians for computers, tablets, and smartphones, but I'm not familiar with any of them.
Thanks a lot for the kind reply.

Ask a Question