keyboard search - special requirements!

Reaction score
I need to find a keyboard that will allow me to store wav or mp3 files on an sd card ( or via usb send the files to the keyboard's sd card) and map a key/button on the keyboard to play the wav / mp3 file. I need to map maybe 8 keys to perform this function and the sound files can be up to 1.5 minutes in length. this will be used at school for playing sound files via audio out to a PA the music for a dance routine. Or press a key and "Go Hawks Go" is played. Any ideas? Has to be cheap since this if for a school and I am going to buy it and donate it to the school. Hoping I could find one for $200 or less - maybe I am just dreaming!!! tx jim

Reaction score
some are short ( 3 sec ) like "Go Hawks Go" then if they score i hit another key to play the file "Score!!!!!!". the timing is kinda important, can't wait to punch in a track on a cd, search for the track, then play it - I need it more real time. Does that help give more info for the question? my brother-in-law has a kurzweil with hard drive and that is perfect for this kind of requirement, but not even close to my price range! I was hoping there might be a cheaper casio with an SD card that could do this.

Reaction score
Ok but there's a big difference in 3 sec clips mapped to keys and one of 1.5 mins.

What about an older reconditioned laptop and map the samples to function keys? I saw some software on KVR that would do the job.

An old copy of Intakt would also do if you had something to run it. You can map samples to keys (on a virtual keyboard on screen) and play them with the mouse - or on an external keyboard being used as a midi trigger.

Reaction score
that might just work. could prob buy a cheap netbook used on ebay for that. not my first choice, but I will check it out, many thanks!!! jim

Ask a Question