New member and new to keyboard

Reaction score
Hello, I am new to this forum and to the keyboard in general.

I've been a singer for 15+ years and wanted to get into playing keys as well. I just picked up a Korg Kronos LS 88 key and started learning to play.

I'd like to learn styles from bands like Savatage or Sonata Artica. Does anybody have any good advice on where to start? I don't read music but probably should learn that. I started by watching a youtube video for the song Gutter Ballet by Savatage which gives some helpful visual tabs and I'm starting to pick it up pretty quickly.

Thanks, I welcome any tips and advice anybody can give!

Reaction score
Welcome

Great keyboard you have bought, normally newbies start off on something way less sophisticated (and expensive).

A great place to start is to work through Gary’s thread and links.

https://www.keyboardforums.com/threads/good-tutorial-links.24556/

If you go onto Youtube and type Korg you will find their Channel, subscribe to it and refine your search for the Kronos and you will find the Korg Video Manual tutorials for this and the other keyboards that Korg make.

tjw

Reaction score
As you're already aware, learning to read music will open your exposure possibilities remarkably. I encourage you to spend some of your learning time on this. I think you'll find the reward very much worth the expense.

Learning to form chords is another good place to invest. So is ear training.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hi there! Happy to see a new face hear and congrats on theKronos. I have a first edition one and love it! If you have ny questions, feel free to ask. We're always looking to help here.

Ask a Question