Keyboard Suggestions

Reaction score
need suggestions for small soloing keyboard, nothing virtual, with lots of sounds, lots of ethnic, and all the other candy, am still playing the old korg m 500, and she's getting tired

Reaction score
One of my students has a Roland Gaia. Very playable.

It gets bad reviews over at Gearslutz (bad = not good, they don't like it, not bad = cool). You might pick up a bargain.

Reaction score
I wouldn't consider them small, but the Casio keyboards are well-known for their wide array of ethnic sound options. So in that case, read this post of mine if you're looking for lots of "all the other candy" too: https://www.keyboardforums.com/ctk-6000-its-helluva-lot-keyboard-only-200-a-t22579.html. Read this appendix info to that model number to see if it has all the ethnic sounds you need. CTK-6000 Appendix. If not enough ethnic sounds in that line, move up to the 7000 models for more. (btw: in Casio's model numbers, CTK = 61 keys, WK = 76 keys, = not small)

In trying to find more info on these keyboards I ended up finding most of it being posted on popular blogs and forums in India where these keyboards' sounds are in demand. They have lots of other models (including small) that are geared toward ethnic sounds, but I know little about them. Casio Mini-Keyboards

Ask a Question