Keyboardless .......... Again.

Reaction score
What's more, hammer actions are graded, no semi-weighted keybed is graded, so I don't think I could get used to that for playing piano parts. I assume the Numa 2x's keybed is excellent for all-round playing, some EP, synth, organ...
I've played semi-weighted keybeds before, but none of them behaved in any way like any hammer action keybed I've ever encountered, not even low-end actions like Korg's NH or Yamaha's GHS...

Edit : I remember that at one time, I had a Krome EX 88 with weighted and graded NH action and a semi-weighted PA1000 on top : those two actions couldn't have felt more different from eachother...

Reaction score
What's more, hammer actions are graded, no semi-weighted keybed is graded
Gradedness is a whole different issue. There are indeed hammer actions that are not graded (Yamaha CP73 and Montage 8, and I think all the hammer action boards from Nord and Kurzweil, among others); and though less common, there are non-hammer actions that are graded... Yamaha has a GST (Graded Soft Touch) action they have used in a number of boards.

Even among graded actions, there are significant differences in implementation... some may alter the weighting with every single key as on a real piano, some may split the board into, say, 4 or 5 regions that have different weights.

Reaction score
Yes, I can see that, but take the CP88 and 73 for example : both weighted, except the 73 is not graded, 73 being more for EP, the 88 for piano. Still, I thimk and I”d still prefer non-graded weighted over semi-weighted for piano...
in the end, it’s all very subjective, really, tomahtoe and tomayto...

Reaction score
Yes, the difference between weighted (hammer) action vs semi-weighted (non-hammer) is more significant than the difference between graded and not.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Behringer Crave.

New at Anderton’s they cost £140.

Just seen one on eBay, 5 bidders so far and with a day to go its at £95.

So seriously Col. You planning to skip ordering pizza for a month and buy a Crave?

Or is the Deepmind 6 haunting your dreams.

I can attest either one is a hoot and the Deepmind has Channel Aftertouch and a really nice Fatar synth action.

I LOVE Mine!!! :eek:_Oo_Oo_O

Seriously though, I can give you any pointers you'd need to get started. ;)

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Gary
Not currently planning to add any more kit.

Well I am, my iPad went dark so I am having to use my Wife’s old one which has zero capacity, so I need a new iPad and then I can reload all the App synths etc that I had

Ask a Question