Korg PA-300 midi not working

Reaction score
Good morning. Today I've connected my Korg PA-300 to my computer (via the USB cable) and installed the latest driver. I'm running Windows 10 and it's up to date with all updates. Also connected to this computer is a Yamaha PSR-295 (via USB cable), a Creative Labs E-MU Xmidi 2X2 midi interface. Connected to the E-MU midi interface are my Technics SX-EN2 midi organ, Sanchez Key Control 49 keyboard, and lastly my Yamaha MU-15 sound module. Everything is recognised by the computer when I check in "Devices" in Windows 10. However, I cannot see the PA-300 in any software where I would choose it as an input device, all the other devices do show up. When I run Midimon.exe it picks up all note-on and note-off messages from all my keyboards, but nothing from my Korg PA-300. I've done a factory reset on my Korg PA-300, but still, nothing is picked up. I also cannot select the Korg as an output device for midi, but all the other keyboards can be set up this way. I bought this keyboard brand new, and it has not had a lot of use. Any advice on what I could try next, please? Thank you all in advance for any advice.

Reaction score
I have an update. I plugged my PA-300 into my 2012 Imac, and it is recognised, and it does transmit MIDI messages over USB. When I run GarageBand or Mainstage, I can play on the PA-300 and the tunes come out of my iMac. So this problem seems to be only on my Windows 10 machine. I might try and migrate from Windows 10/Intel to my new Raspberry PI 5 running Raspberry PI OS. I would however love to get it working on Windows.

Reaction score
ok. I guess everybody is on vacation. Anyway, I've figured out the problem myself. It's my music computer. Because the Korg PA-300 works on both my iMac as well as my Windows 11 running on my Intel laptop. So I'll need to re-install my music computer sometime. All the other MIDI devices work on the music computer, just the PA-300 does not. I don't know how to fix this any other way than re-installing my operating system.

Thank you all and have a happy new year. May all your dreams come true this year.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Korg insists on using it's own proprietary drivers for its hardware.

Check how many devices are in the driver.

There's a limited number of slots available and some devices need to be removed from the driver.

Ask a Question