Korg pa5x firmware 1.2.1 update

Reaction score
I've downloaded the latest 1.2.1. firmware update from Korg for the PA5X, to my mac. The zip file won't open. Apple message pops up stating unidentified developer, and there's no way to bypass it. If I can't open the file then I won't be able to update the korg firmware. Does anyone else have this problem or a way round it? I'll contact Korg to see if they can release a file that can open on mac. Would appreciate any help if anyone else has come across this problem. Thanks.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I've downloaded the latest 1.2.1. firmware update from Korg for the PA5X, to my mac. The zip file won't open. Apple message pops up stating unidentified developer, and there's no way to bypass it. If I can't open the file then I won't be able to update the korg firmware. Does anyone else have this problem or a way round it? I'll contact Korg to see if they can release a file that can open on mac. Would appreciate any help if anyone else has come across this problem. Thanks.

While it's Korg's responsibility to provide a working authorized file I've always found Korg to be p*ss-poor when it comes to software development.

Contact Korg and they'll prolly walk you thru bypassing permissions manually to MAKE it work :p

Reaction score
Before you even try to load any update or make any changes to any Korg Pa the first procedure to undertake is to make a “Save All” file. It is in the File Menu.

This file will than have all your User Data and Settings saved within it.

Updating any Korg Pa over writes the OS and then resets itself to the as supplied format.

On your Mac you need to be a user with Admin privileges to be able to Extract the Zip file to a USB drive (one Formatted within the Pa5X) or simply open the Zip file in Finder and copy the PKG file to the USB drive.

With the Pa powered down insert the USB drive with the file in the USB socket, then press and hold Intro 1 whilst turning on the Pa, follow the onscreen prompts.

DO read the PDF files that are contained within the ZIP file before you action the update.

I am familiar with the Pa OS of earlier models but unsure of the new system hence do read the PDF’s.

Also look through the Manual of the current OS to see if there is a Backup routine that can also be run, if there is run it.

In the older Pa keyboards there are the two backup files that could be created, Backup and Save All, ideally you save both files

Another word of warning, if you load any samples do read up before trying to load, again in older Pa keyboards if the process was not strictly followed the whole tone library could be over written by just the sample file being loaded.

Reaction score
Many thanks. Very helpful information. Luckily I didn’t need to do a save all, as the unit is brand new and had not done anything with it. But yes, I’ll certainly use the save all when needed.

Ask a Question