Looking for 73-key, pro-level, all-purpose keyboard under $1,500

Reaction score
I don't really mean "all-purpose"… what does that mean in this context, anyway?… Was just trying to concisely give the impression that I need it for different things.

I have a 73-key Nordelectro & I really love it except for the fact that I keep having issues with the contact pads (even after replacing all of them) & I could use some synth/brass/string patches which are not on the Nordelectro Seventy Three. So I'm in the market for something that can do everything I need to do in one board (& is of good, hearty quality).

These are the features I'm hoping to find all in one keyboard:

-Midsize (Around 73 keys)
-Semi-weighted keys
-Good piano sounds
-Good electric piano sounds
-Good organ sounds with a rotary button for leslie effects
-An array of synthesizer sounds including standard horn & string ensembles (as well as 70's synth type stuff)

Anyone happen to know if a keyboard like this exists for less than $1,500?

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
No rotary button and 88 keys but maybe Roland Juno DS88 could fit most of your requirements.

Or maybe a Kurzweil Artis 7.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Welcome

There are plenty of keyboards in your budget, finding one with all your requirements may be a bit more limiting.

Specifically I shall comment on the Leslie effect

I had a search and you can achieve the Leslie effect on some keyboards by adding Fx routing and assigning the rotary Leslie speaker effect to the instrument voice and have the effect controlled either via using one of the assignable switches, the joystick (on a Korg) or via an expression pedal.

I saw this explanation on the Korg Forum which is specifically for the Korg Krome

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=111034&sid=4168fbcbccefaf05674b387441f0f7b2

I am pretty sure I can do that with my Korg PA700, I seem to remember playing around a while back with the virtual Drawbars and rotary speaker effect.

Its a bit late tonight where I reside but I will have a look through my Korgs settings tomorrow.

Reaction score
Dexibell VIVO S3 73
Dexibell VIVO P3 73
Korg Grandstage
Korg Krome 73
Roland VR730
Korg SV-1
StudioLogic SL73 MIDI
Yamaha P121
Casio WK-7600
Kurzweil Artis 7
Roland FA-07

Not sure they all have a Leslie effect.

Reaction score
1599CBDF-455F-47C1-846E-B1171ECF075B.jpeg

As stated in my previous, here is an image of the drawbar organ on my Korg PA 700, it sounds fantastic.

If my PA series has it other Korgs may have the instrument sound onboard.

Another alternative for you is the MIDI route and virtual instruments, you could get a 61 or 88 key Native Instruments controller with their software packs which includes classic organs including Hammond and they quote rotary effect.

Reaction score
Welcome

There are plenty of keyboards in your budget, finding one with all your requirements may be a bit more limiting.

Specifically I shall comment on the Leslie effect

I had a search and you can achieve the Leslie effect on some keyboards by adding Fx routing and assigning the rotary Leslie speaker effect to the instrument voice and have the effect controlled either via using one of the assignable switches, the joystick (on a Korg) or via an expression pedal.

I saw this explanation on the Korg Forum which is specifically for the Korg Krome

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=111034&sid=4168fbcbccefaf05674b387441f0f7b2

I am pretty sure I can do that with my Korg PA700, I seem to remember playing around a while back with the virtual Drawbars and rotary speaker effect.

Its a bit late tonight where I reside but I will have a look through my Korgs settings tomorrow.
Ooooo… yep- I've been looking at the Krome, actually… comparing it with the Kross… this might be the track I go down… Thank you very much!!

Reaction score
View attachment 1155

As stated in my previous, here is an image of the drawbar organ on my Korg PA 700, it sounds fantastic.

If my PA series has it other Korgs may have the instrument sound onboard.

Another alternative for you is the MIDI route and virtual instruments, you could get a 61 or 88 key Native Instruments controller with their software packs which includes classic organs including Hammond and they quote rotary effect.
Awww…. that's great! Thanks so much for your help!!

Ask a Question