Looking for Help regarding my Keyboards Volume

Reaction score
First of all: Hello, I am a newcomer to the keyboard scene and am just starting out, so forgive me if I don't know too much.
I came here to ask a question regarding my Keyboard in the hope that some savvy people around here could help me with it, or lead me in the right Direction.

I've been using my Alesis Recital for about a month now. To connect my Headphones (because my Neighbours would kill me otherwise) I use a 3.5mm to 6.3mm Adapter. This has been working fine for a while, but for some reason the adapter fell apart last week. So I set out and buy a new one, especially since it's not too expensive, but now that the new one has arrived I have the Volume Problem. Even when I set the Volume of my Keyboard to the highest possible amount, it sounds very very quiet. I have tried two different headsets and both have the same Problem. The speakers of the keyboard are not affected, only when using the Headphones with the Adapter.
Something else that I've noticed is that if I wiggle around with the headphones plug, I can sometimes get to the regular loud Volume, but only on one ear (since I'm basicly wiggling it into mono I guess).

Now I don't know if this is something that can easily happen with a faulty adapter, or if something is wrong with the input on my Keyboard, after the last adapter made some Problems.
I'm quite lost on this one, so any help or direction would be massively appreciated. If you require any more Information that I have forgotten, please let me know and I will provide that as soon as possible.

Thanks in Advance! :)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
2 things to check.

1) Try another adapter. Try a second pair of headphones too if ya got em. Chinese electronic junk has a high mortality rate.

2) If the adapter and phones check out good then the problem is the jack. That's a solder job for a tech or someone who knows what he's doing.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
2 things to check.

1) Try another adapter. Try a second pair of headphones too if ya got em. Chinese electronic junk has a high mortality rate.

2) If the adapter and phones check out good then the problem is the jack. That's a solder job for a tech or someone who knows what he's doing.

Gary ;)

I've tried another Headphone, same Problem.
Then I tried the old adapter (which can be kept in one piece of a short amount of time) same Problem, but it is easier to wiggle it to a state where it works fine again. I imagine that since the wiggling is only affecting the inside of the adapter, the problem will lie in there and not on the KEyboard itself.

Will try to go to a proper music shop tomorrow and see if they sell them instead of amazon. They are relatively cheap anyway ^^

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
One simple thing that can trip you up if you aren't careful-- make sure you get the right kind of adapter as far as TS or TRS. I assume you're using the 1/4" headphones jack, which is stereo or TRS (tip-ring-sleeve). Look at the plugs on the new adapter to verify that they're TRS and not just TS (tip-sleeve), otherwise you aren't getting both channels of the stereo signal.

Reaction score
One simple thing that can trip you up if you aren't careful-- make sure you get the right kind of adapter as far as TS or TRS. I assume you're using the 1/4" headphones jack, which is stereo or TRS (tip-ring-sleeve). Look at the plugs on the new adapter to verify that they're TRS and not just TS (tip-sleeve), otherwise you aren't getting both channels of the stereo signal.

I have checked that out both adapters were the same model and TRS, thanks for the reply though!

Ask a Question