Looking for iPad midi app with real instrument tones, and also an 80s synth app?

Reaction score
Hi guys, just wondering if anyone has any suggestions.

I'm looking for two types of apps that I can use with my digital piano via midi connection. The first is an app that features real instruments, similar to Garageband. Specifically instruments like saxophone, trumpet, etc. Basically I'm just after some high quality sampled tones that they have in high end keyboards, with polished elements like the timbre change depending how long you sustain a note, the chiff of a panpipe, etc. I know there is an app call iFretless Sax, but it seems to just have the one instrument. Rather annoying to have one app per instrument.

The other type of app I'm looking for is something with those 80s bell sounds (Broken Wings, Wish it Would Rain Down, Hungry Eyes, Listen to your Heart). From what I understand these were FM synthesis generated sounds, and good versions of these tones never seem to find their way into regular keyboards. I do have the Alchemy synth app, which has some nice modern sounds, but doesn't seem to have patches like this.

thanks for any feedback.

Last edited:

Ask a Question