looking for music books? sheet music?

jen

Reaction score
Sombody told me to look for a fake book. I am looking for some books with chords and melody. I am used to the complete keyboard player books and it's helpful to play them then play harder music. So anything with chords and melody.
The only problem I'll find is finding books I like
Otherwise any easy sheet music books

I've noticed that the complete keyboard player books only have small sections of the song and have simplified them a lot so any other recommendations be helpful

Reaction score
Jen, musicstores have fakebooks for sale. Also some music- or keyboard-fora have them for free to download in PDF-format (if you have a gratis membership).
Some downloads are quite large but have 100 or many more songs in it.
Just the simple melody line with the chords printed above or under it.
What sort of music are you looking for?

jen

Reaction score
Rock, pop- not the charts. Film soundtracks.
I havn't got a decent music shop by me so online shops would be better.

Reaction score
Hi Jen
I am a new member as well so welcome to you
I have found this for you and it will hopefully be a useful link
http://www.seventhstring.co.uk/fbindex.html
You can search the content of about 70 different fakebooks for any tune that you type in and it will tell you if it exists in these books
For arguments sake I typed in How Deep Is Your Love and it came up with the title of one of the Hal Leonard Books
You can then just type the name into google ( Surrounded by quotes i.e. "How Deep Is Your Love" ) and it will show you where you can get it
I use fakebooks all the time because I cannot remember anything any longer.
When your knowledge of chords progresses you will then discover that you can also play linking notes/ harmonies as well i.e. not just moving from one chord to another but finding nice harmonies that link them together, However that is a bit advanced and will take some time.
Hope you find this useful
Barry

Ask a Question