Merry Christmas Everybody!!!

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
So sorry for your loss jeremy.

Strength be with you. Your wife needs you now so my advice is stay strong.

Sincerest sympathy.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that Jeremy... I lost my mom on Christmas night over a decade ago and my dad 4 years ago.

I hope it was not a long and protracted illness for your mother in law and that she died peacefully.

Gary

Reaction score
Well the good thing is she didn't suffer at all. Last year in may on voting day she didn't feel well. At the polling station she fell and even though she didn't hurt herself she was very confused and couldn't figure out wher she was or what to do. He husband didn't take her to the hospital, don't know why, but when we found out a few days later we told him mom needed to go right away. Tests were done and not much was learned. Then on June 18, my birthday, we were coming back from the cottage and got a phone call. Mom was in ICU. Mostly unresponsive. Her lungs were no longer expelling CO2. This was causing her to not wake up and would eventually kill her. They had a mask on her and were giving her a heavy oxygen mix. But the carbon dioxide was not coming out the way it should. Her Alzheimer's was also quickly getting worse. The doctor told us there were 2 options and no garenties that either would work. One was to leave her and hope for the best. The next was to stuff a tube down into her lungs and force more oxygen into her hoping that this would force the lungs into expelling the CO2. She also had to be awake for this and it was painful.
We, after much thought and crying decided to just let her be. Why make her suffer. We went home. The next day her husband went into see her and her doctor only to find her sitting up on the bed eating a banana! WTF? She was somewhat clear headed and the doctor had no explanation. He called it a miracle. A few weeks went by and by then the hospital said she needed to go to a home.
Sadly, over time her Alzheimer's got much worse and her health deteriorated. Most of last month she spent In the hospital
We did have her over to our home me for Christmas and that s the picture that you see.
Tomorrow she gets cremated and this coming Saturday is the funeral. It's hard to stop crying sometimes. She was a great feisty lady with more class than most of us have put together. She could have been one of Canada's best bridge players in her prime. She was a great mom and I'm glad to have known her.
Forgive me now, I have to shed more tears.

Reaction score
I'm so sorry to hear that, @Jeremykeys :( My condolences to you and your family, I hope you're all doing as well as can be expected. We'll be thinking of you on Saturday.

Ask a Question