New member with a Kurz question.

Reaction score
I have a Kurz PC3k7 and trying to emulate the synth sounds on the breaks in the ELO song Don't Bring Me Down. Unfortunately, my Kurz programming skills are not the best - still learning. I imagine it was originally and Arp or Moog used on the original. Any help of guidance would be appreciated.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
These are two websites you should check out for all things Kurzweil, especially VAST programming.

https://forums.godlike.com.au/

http://www.ksetlist.com/

The first one requires paid membership in order to access the download section but it is well worth the $6 Australian per year that they ask for.

Chances are you'll find something someone already made that fits your needs nicely.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
The first thing you need to understand is what kind of instrument are you trying to emulate. Is it an ARP? a Moog? a Prophet? Understanding the synthesized instrument goes along way in determining what waveforms you need to use in the Kurz in order to start programming the emulation. I have no idea what instrument ELO was using back in the day; without that knowledge it becomes 10x more difficult to program something.

As an example on some of the Pink Floyd albums Ricky Wright used an EMS/VCS3. Knowing this I would start with program 1011, which is a monophonic PWM Lead; I might also need to layer in a Saw lead like program 1018. I might also want to add an effect like a echoplex delay (chain 917). So it helps to know what instrument you are trying to emulate before you begin or you can spend hours of frustrating time trying to stumble onto something.

Last edited:

Ask a Question