New SV2

Reaction score
Found this in a topic on the Keyboard Corner section of Musicplayer forums :

Apparently, still the trusty RH3 keybed (if the rumour is true, of course). They're right to hold on to it, it's a great keybed and why change a winning formula. Gives them more resources to spend on the actual sounds.

Reaction score
This is actually showing on my radar now. The RH3 action is not THE best for piano, but it still is really, really good and rock solid. Combined with the SV1 stand, who wouldn't want this ivory finish model in their home ?
I could even use it for my intended small, intimate gigs, should the need arise again later on. Win win, I'd say.
Quite pricey, but worth it, I think (for the SV2S 88)...
The speakerless versions have a black finish, the models with speakers come with this delectable ivory finish :p

Prices in pound sterling (you can do the conversion yourselves):
SV2 73 = £1645
SV2 88 = £1730
SV2S 73 = £1789
SV2S 88 = £1840

Last edited:
Reaction score
Time to return that Kawai...

You must be joking. Keeping the Kawai.
I'm looking for a second piano, remember ? This SV2 will make a very nice 'portable' addition to the MP11SE.
I don't need a gigging board at the moment, but should the occasion arise, this will do perfectly and I won't even have to carry an amp. Moreover, it will look smashing in the home.
This SV2 is actually the first of a new breed (as far as I know), and right what I needed : a true stage piano with built-in speakers !

Reaction score
That is one awesome piece of kit and Luke from Korg can play anything to perfection.

Jack from Anderton’s gets very animated in his videos but literary he goes into ecstasy mode just seeing and hearing the SV2.

Here it is again

Reaction score
Does anyone have any idea when they might become available ? Are we talking weeks or months ?

Reaction score
This SV2 is actually the first of a new breed (as far as I know), and right what I needed : a true stage piano with built-in speakers !
I guess it depends what you think qualifies something as a "true" stage piano, but there are a lots of slabs pianos with speakers, even some with similarly powerful ones like Roland FP-90, Yamaha P-515, Kurzweil KA-90, Dexibell P3/P7, Kawai ES8, which are probably loud enough for "unplugged" gigs.

Reaction score
I guess it depends what you think qualifies something as a "true" stage piano, but there are a lots of slabs pianos with speakers, even some with similarly powerful ones like Roland FP-90, Yamaha P-515, Kurzweil KA-90, Dexibell P3/P7, Kawai ES8, which are probably loud enough for "unplugged" gigs.

I know, but which one of those look as cool as a SV2 ?
A P515, FP90 etc doesn't qualify as a stage piano, they're 'portable' pianos. CP88, Grandstage, SV1 etc are stage pianos and look a lot more attractive (IMHO) but none of them have internal speakers. As far as I'm concerned, Korg has nailed it with this SV2S.
And if you're a stage purist, you can still get them without the speakers...
I'm still not 100% sure which piano I'll be buying for the appartment, but for the moment, the SV2S 88 is on top of my shortlist.

Reaction score
You must be joking.
960edbc41f45a4be8d2370c1434a2614d131182d.jpg

Ask a Question