Nord Piano 4 - Highest B & C make no musical sound

Reaction score
I recently purchased a Nord Piano 4, and have observed that the highest notes B & C make no musical sound when playing piano sound. The sound is like two boards hitting each other. Is this normal? If not, I need to return the keyboard. I purchased the Nord to replace my Ensoniq KS-32 which I have had for 25 years, and having 76 keys, I didn't have this issue.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Even on an acoustic piano the top octave sounds like a toy piano. These are not really musical notes you can hear. I'd suggest listening to a few other pianos before you decide to return it.

Gary ;)

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
B7 and/or C7 always sound like clunks because that is the nature of progressive octaves reaching their limits.
Hit a B6 then a B7 . . Hear the similarities?
Hit a C6 then a C7 . . Hear the similarities?

Yes? Then you have no probs.
No? Then there is a prob in the system or in your high level hearing.

Send a sound sample (as @CowboyNQ suggested) and professionals here will evaluate.

Cheers ray

Reaction score
The OP indicated in his post that "B & C make no musical sound when playing piano." He's not complaining about hearing clunks with the piano sound, his complaint is that there is no piano sound on these two notes. That is not normal for the keyboard. As it is new, he shouldn't be sending it to a repair company, he should return it and get another one.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
He said, and I quote, "The sound is like two boards hitting each other."

I do not believe he was referring to keypress noise when he said this.

As has been previously mentioned, he might even have hearing loss with higher frequencies.

Cowboy suggested he post samples so as to remove all ambiguity.

Gary ;)

Ask a Question