Alesis Vortex Wireless 2 ...Need help using as controller to Nord Electro5HP

Reaction score
PLEASE HELP .....I'm an old man and the Arp2600 was my board. I recently purchased a \an ALESIS VORTEX WIRELESS 2 to control my NORD ELECTRO 5 HD. MY PROBLEM ...I have never used Midi. I have searched and searched and even called Alexis, on instructions to help me. Looked all over UTUBE but could not find out how to go about it. There are not that many controls on the Alexis Vortex but would like to use some of them.
When I hooked it up out of the box some features do work. The three buttons for Keyboard split only has one that functions.
The Octave buttons work as they should.
The Pitch Wheel does not functions but the Nord 5 does not have a pitch bend, so not sure if I can program it or not by midi.
The Pads are notes on the keyboard presently, but would like to change them to One as Leslie speed control button, and One as stop leslie, and the others as Sound patches from the Nord.
The Ribbon controller does not function on any of the 3 settings.
Six of the sliders funtions as drawbars on the organ setting, but would like to change possibly to effects.

If anyone can help this OLD MAN I'd deeply appreciate it. I have never used Midi.

Thank you so much if you can help the OLD MAN....lol

Reaction score
Hi. I’ve got Vortex wireless 2. I’ve just upgraded from the wireless 1 model. I use mine to play VSTs live on my laptop using a VST host called Gig Performer. Does your Nord have midi learn? I manages to get my Vortex 2 to control drawbars on VST called VB2 II. Maybe we can share ideas. I’m old too (73)

Reaction score
you have to use a pc or mac and the software that comes with the vortex wireless 2 to setup the midi functions beyond just the basics.
I'm struggling myself right now trying to figure out how to change the midi channel number for the upper and lower functions. by default they are midi ch1 and 2 but i want to change those on the fly...without using that pc software...HELP LOL

Reaction score
Boa noite pessoal, como vocês estão?
Faz pouco tempo que tenho meu Vortex 1, mas já consegui editar coisas interessantes.
É possível configurar um botão nele onde eu possa mudar os canais MIDI? Por exemplo, estou no canal 1 e quero ativar o canal 2 e assim por diante. Existe um botão de alternância onde posso selecionar qual canal desejo usar?
Isso porque no meu sintetizador o canal 1 é piano, o canal 2 é órgão, o canal 3 é cordas, etc...

Abraços e obrigado

Ask a Question