Nwebie

Reaction score
I purchased an Alesis SQ8 for grandaughter for xmas. It came only with powercord. Paid 300.00 for it.

Do I need amplifier AND speakers? Was considering headphones as well.

Also need a stand that extends out no wider than 20 inches (space issue). Is there such a thing?

Reaction score
Yes you will need an amp, check with the place you purchased it. BUT you can get by with headphones, plugged into the headphones jack on the keyboard. Headphones are usually chosen based on comfort and sound quality. Your granddaughter might be the best judge, so plan a shopping trip with her after the holidays. As for the stand, 20 inches seems a little small could cause tipping check with the music store for one that fits the space. Good luck!

Reaction score
I purchased an Alesis SQ8...

Do I need amplifier AND speakers? Was considering headphones as well.

Do you mean QS8? Headphones would work. For external sound, technically, yes you need amplifier and speakers, but many speakers are powered (meaning they already have the amplifier built-in).

Also need a stand that extends out no wider than 20 inches (space issue). Is there such a thing?

There are probably numerous, but I like this Knox stand for a single board... lightweight, inexpensive, and easily adjustable in height and width. The feet are just under 20" deep, if that's the dimension of concern.

Reaction score
Haha....silly me...yes...I meant QS8

Bought this keyboard from a person...not a store...having said that

I found a store to get headphones

Amp speakwr combo
And a stand that fits perfect

Relatively affordable...if she wants upgrades..she can do that later

Thanks for your help

Reaction score
Welcome.

If budget is an issue take a look and listen to a pair of Computer speakers but by the time you get up to about $100 US you get to Presonus Eris 3.5 powered speakers which in themselves should last many years

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gianni65

Latest Threads