Organist in Texas

Reaction score
Hello All,
I want to upgrade my old Yamaha PSR248 to something newer. I've had an organ since I was 14 but now with the state of the home organ market I need to expand. I want to get a 76 key instrument of some kind and be able to attach a set of organ pedals to it. There doesn't seem to be a lot of info about how to do it that doesn't involve a lot of MIDI talk. I don't understand MIDI. I'm hoping this forum will point me in the right direction. My hope is to build a portable organ rig. I'm looking at the Casio WK 6600 or Yamaha YPG 235.

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
Hi there late bloomer.
Welcome to the forums.
The response to you questions has been surprisingly slow. Actually relevant question I feel. Sorry I am not equipped to offer advice but I am sure the gurus here will very soon.
Rayl

Reaction score
Thanks for the warm welcome y'all,

I've played organ since 14 (now 60), far from professional but I've been a church organist before and hope to again some day.

My question about adding organ pedals to a keyboard is more about how to do it cheaply. It's very easy to do on a Hammond SK2 or Nord C20 and some others. Those rigs are built for it but they are quite expensive. The pedal boards are just as expensive as the organs themselves.

If you take a look at Organ Forum there are threads about how home organs are going away. In fact most of those organs on CL are older by far than the cars we drive. It is a dismal state of affairs.

Reaction score
Welcome.

As it happens we went to an organ recital last month in a church hall where a Technics organ was played, I checked on eBay where I found that they were almost being given away if you were willing to collect and transport.

Cannot help with the query though.

Reaction score
I've heard those stories about free/cheap organs. In fact my organ is up for free on CL but no takers so far. And then there are those who think their cheapo 70s organs are worth a thousand dollars. I've got a nice cabinet, a full pedalboard and a Leslie but I lack the knowledge on how to use the software for a virtual organ. It probably will end up scrapped.

On Youtube there are a couple of folks who took old Hammond cabinets and installed Hammond SK2s in them. I thinks its a great idea and their results were very impressive. I could do that with my present organ if cost wasn't a factor.

Ask a Question