Piano suffered lightning strike

Reaction score
Hello, I’ve been trying to figure out how to get my piano working again. I had it plugged in the wall when a lightning strike hit near the house and fried a few things plugged in the wall including my Yamaha MOXF6. I replaced the power cable and realized it didn’t turned on still, so I opened it and replaced the motherboard for the power supply with one i got from eBay and it turned on!! But now I get this kind of like constant popping sound when I connect it to a speaker out or headphones. I get no sound out of any piano voice or styles or anything. What could be the problem? Please help 😭

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
When 20 Million Volts comes to visit, it blows the snot out of any built in surge protection.

Out of curiosity, was it hooked directly to the outlet or hooked up thru a cheap assed dollar store power bar?

Even with a high cost name brand surge protector the outcome would have been 50/50.

You just have to chalk it up to a life lesson and stop throwing good money after bad.

Ask a Question