My Studiologic SL-88 Grand since its purchase plays notes by itself with Pianoteq Stage

Reaction score
Hello.I am asking support urgently because I am about to record my piano album.My Studiologic SL-88 Grand(it has hardly ever been used) since its purchase of two years ago plays notes by itself with Pianoteq Stage.This bug happen very often (several times a day) and above all when I hold down the sustain pedal (i use a Studiologic pedal that I bought separately, the model with the three pedals una corda, tonale and sustain,but the problem also occurs with the other Studiologic standard sustain pedal supplied).Specifically,my studiologic SL-88 plays by itself the last seconds of the notes i played and this thing is ruining my work.It does not happen with other VSTs.

My computer is almost new, high-end,desktop, Cubase 11 Elements,ASIO drivers,the sound card is integrated in the motherboard(MEG X-570 UNIFY,that alone costs 500 euros) and has performance comparable to some dedicated sound cards ,the connection of the keyboard to the pc is "USB type A to USB type B" (new cheap 10 EUR amazon brand cable).

I can't make a midi to midi connection as I don't have the port on my pc,but only midi usb.

I suspect that the problem is precisely the cable (I read an old discussion in which a user had the my same problem solved by changing the cable), if so which cable do you recommend not exceeding 30-50 euros?

I need a very low latency cable that allows me to play my faster songs written in the classical genre as any fast piece of the classical repertoire as gaspard de la nuit by ravel or islamey by balakirev(these are some of the songs I played at my old diploma and in concert), although I realize that regarding latency the brand can't be the problem,given that even the amazon cable or the printer cable are fine for playing these songs and any other complex song; the problem is the ghost note issue I explained before

Thank you

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
That's a new one on me! My best advice is to contact Studiologic directly to ask them what they recommend.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
USB 2.0 or USB 3.0? Which port are you plugging into with what sort of cable?

Try swapping ports from 3.0 to 2.0 or whichever one is hooked up on your computer?

Also are you using a 2.0 or a 3.0 cable? I imagine it's a 2.0 because a 3.0 printer cable is a totally different animal.

An Amazon Basics 2.0 cable is just as good as any more expensive one. Just make sure you plug into a 2.0 port on your computer.

Also take a look at what's running in the background while you record.

Too many TSR programs can introduce some whacky effeccts.

Also: Check if your motherboard's firmware is up to date or not.

That can introduce USB timing problems.

Gary ;)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Also. Is there any sort of arpeggiator enabled on your keyboard?

Check the buttons/switches/whatever.

Maybe a stuck switch?

Gary ;)

Reaction score
how do i know if a port is 2.0 or 3.0? i don't see anything written on them,behind the case.
And how to check if my motherboard's firmware is up to date?
This problem is old,since i bought the keyboard two years ago it keeps happening

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
3.0 cables and ports have bright blue plastic.

Visit the manufacturer's website to find out about the firmware.

What about the arpeggiator setting?

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
And gone without a word.

ForsakenDimAgouti-max-1mb.gif

Ask a Question