Playing a specific sequence of voices on Yamaha DGX-630

Reaction score
Hi,

I am involved in a performance fairly soon that requires a large range of different voices during single songs.
I would like to be able to pre-program a list of voices in the order required, then just cycle through the list with one button (maybe one to go forwards and one backwards in case I overshoot).
Using the in-built memory only allows me to store two different voices which isn't enough and I haven't got the time in between changes to change between banks or type numbers in. I have got a MIDI cable so could use a laptop if needs be. Perhaps it would also be possible via USB volume?

Many thanks in advance,

Andrew

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
The best suggestion I can think of would be to create a series of MIDI song files containing the voices you want to use, with names like SONG01, SONG02, SONG03, etc., so you can scroll through them in the order you want to use the voices. But I'm not sure how well that would work on the DGX-630.

If you have an iPad that you can use with the DGX-630, you could also try the SongBook+ app, which you can set up to send a voice change to a keyboard when you pull up a given piece of sheet music.

Either way, the main problem is that the DGX-630 doesn't have sophisticated MIDI settings like the PSR-S models do, so you can't assign the MIDI IN channels to specific keyboard parts. I believe you can put the keyboard into SONG mode (where you can select and play songs), then after you've selected a song there might be a button you can press to select the song's main voice (the one on channel 1) as the keyboard's Main voice.

Ask a Question