Yamaha PSR e363 Music Database not playing

Reaction score
I'm a new member here.
When I hit the Music Database button on my Yamaha PSR e 363, the sound is not playing after I press the START/STOP button.. However the LCD Panel shows Style 001 Jude Hey and a progressing arrow.
Can you please help.

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
First of all, welcome to the forum! :)

Just to be clear, the Music Database doesn't play songs by itself. Instead, it merely sets up the keyboard so you can play the song. In particular, it selects a predetermined voice and style and tempo which Yamaha felt were well-suited for playing that particular song.

You must play the song's melody yourself, which includes obtaining the sheet music for the song on your own, or perhaps playing the melody by ear-- if you're able to play music by ear, which is a very handy skill for a musician to develop.

The style will not begin playing its rhythm, bass line, chords, etc. until you play notes in the accompaniment section of the keyboard (i.e., the keys which are to the left of the split point), and you must control the accompaniment's key changes and chord progressions yourself, as well as the section changes (e.g., switching from the "Main A" loop to the "Fill A->B" bar).

Now, if you're pressing keys in the accompaniment section but the style isn't playing, check the Split Point function setting to make sure you haven't got it set too far to the left. If the Split Point setting is okay, check the Style Volume function setting to make sure it hasn't been turned down too low.

Reaction score
Thanks SeaGtGruff !!
You are actually right. The Style Volume was low. This is the reason when I pressed the Music Database button and then pressed the Start/Stop button there was no sound that could be heard. However I stand corrected.
And a lot of good wishes for you putting in your extremely valuable time.
A Guru - Always a Guru !!

SeaGtGruff

Reaction score
You're welcome! I'm glad I was able to help diagnose and resolve the problem. :)

Reaction score
Nice
First of all, welcome to the forum! :)

Just to be clear, the Music Database doesn't play songs by itself. Instead, it merely sets up the keyboard so you can play the song. In particular, it selects a predetermined voice and style and tempo which Yamaha felt were well-suited for playing that particular song.

You must play the song's melody yourself, which includes obtaining the sheet music for the song on your own, or perhaps playing the melody by ear-- if you're able to play music by ear, which is a very handy skill for a musician to develop.

The style will not begin playing its rhythm, bass line, chords, etc. until you play notes in the accompaniment section of the keyboard (i.e., the keys which are to the left of the split point), and you must control the accompaniment's key changes and chord progressions yourself, as well as the section changes (e.g., switching from the "Main A" loop to the "Fill A->B" bar).

Now, if you're pressing keys in the accompaniment section but the style isn't playing, check the Split Point function setting to make sure you haven't got it set too far to the left. If the Split Point setting is okay, check the Style Volume function setting to make sure it hasn't been turned down too low.
Nice one man, i had similar issue and wanted to ask for help here, looks like my question has been answered already. Thanks once again

SeaGtGruff

Reaction score
Welcome, Jeremiah! The DGX-660 has some similarities to the PSR-E models, so you may find that some posts about the PSR-E models are also applicable to your DGX-660. :)

Ask a Question