PSR-SX700 - Connecting to computer

Reaction score
Hi,
I currently own a PSR-SX700. Normally, I use the headphone socket on the front to connect it to my computer for recording etc. I've two questions:
I tried using the speaker output, but got no sound. Is there something I need to change to get sound?
Is the headphone socket the best way to do this?
Grateful for any help.

Reaction score
Read the manual?

Page 18 of the Owners Manual shows the main audio OUTPUT jacks on the rear panel.

Use these via a suitable cable to connect to your PC if you want to record Analogue.

Do also check the manual to see if the USB port supports Audio out, many keyboards do and this is a good way to get your PC recording instead of using the audio output jacks

Reaction score
Read the manual?

Page 18 of the Owners Manual shows the main audio OUTPUT jacks on the rear panel.

Use these via a suitable cable to connect to your PC if you want to record Analogue.

Do also check the manual to see if the USB port supports Audio out, many keyboards do and this is a good way to get your PC recording instead of using the audio output jacks
Done that, but the audio outputs don't appear to produce anything.
Further to this, the keyboard doesn't support USB audio output.
Thanks.

Reaction score
Often with Yamaha keyboards you have to switch the outputs and onboard speakers on or off in the Menu

Consult the manuals, do note there are two, Owners and Reference download and check both

Ask a Question