Re-Record in DGX 670 and PSR- Poorly implemented. Have you used this feature? What's your experience?

Reaction score
I recently upgraded form a DGX 660 to a DGX 670. I was excited to find it had a re-record feature. Apparently PSRs have this feature as well (I'm not sure which models).

The purpose is to allow you to re-record a measure/measures if there are errors in them, mitigating the need to record the whole song all over again. The problem is, it does not do so cleanly.

The re-record is performed based on your entereing a beginning measure (Jump in at), and the first measure AFTER the last measure you are re-recording (Jump out at).

I have experienced several anomollies. A common one is that the first note in the jump out measure is impacted: either it plays the note sort of stacatto, or it isn't played at all. Seems like the jump out is not timed well. I have experienced several other anomollies which I won't bore you with.

I opened a ticket with Yamaha which pretty quickly was escalated. After a couple weeks of back and forth, I did get to talk to them this afternoon. He said he tried to duplicate the issue, but didn't have a DGX 670 around to try it on. But, he tried it on a PSR and also had similar issues. He said he has NOT had any calls on this issue before (I didn't ask if he had a database of issues to search...I just presumed he did). He said it could possibly be fixed in a firmware update at some point. I left the onversation feeling like it's not going to happen.

I told hime I'd post here, (and at other places if any has suggestions of where) to get feedback on this issue, and forward to him. He suggested a Yamaha forum that they monitor to gather ideas for improvments. But there was no section for DGX to post about.

I would like to hear if anyone here has tried that feature, and what your results were. Thanks in advance...

Ask a Question