Recorded Song Wav Files - Date and Time Stamp

Reaction score
I find that all songs I record to a USB drive have the same date and time: May 10, 6:32p.m., 2017.

I don't see anything in the manual about being able to set a date and time. I presume that it will be something I have to live with, no resolution. Is that correct?

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
The date and time stamped on the files you save from the keyboard are "frozen" as of the date and time when the keyboard's firmware or operating system was completed at Yamaha. The keyboard doesn't keep track of the current date and time, so it always stamps files with the date and time you're seeing.

I see the same thing when I save USR files on my various PSR-E400 models, and the specific date and time will vary from one model to the next depending on when they were being developed by Yamaha.

If you want to change the dates and times on your recordings so they reflect when you made them, you might be able to do it using a computer, although off the top of my head I'm not certain what actions will change the date-time stamp on a file. For instance, I don't think that simply renaming a file will change its date-time stamp.

Reaction score
Wow, I've been playing various Yamaha synths for 30 years and I never knew about the date & time that Yamaha sets on internal files. Thank goodness it never caused any problems.......... Don

Reaction score
The date and time stamped on the files you save from the keyboard are "frozen" as of the date and time when the keyboard's firmware or operating system was completed at Yamaha. The keyboard doesn't keep track of the current date and time, so it always stamps files with the date and time you're seeing.

I see the same thing when I save USR files on my various PSR-E400 models, and the specific date and time will vary from one model to the next depending on when they were being developed by Yamaha.

If you want to change the dates and times on your recordings so they reflect when you made them, you might be able to do it using a computer, although off the top of my head I'm not certain what actions will change the date-time stamp on a file. For instance, I don't think that simply renaming a file will change its date-time stamp.
Thank you for your time and detailed reply. I expected to hear it couldn't be changed. It's interesting to know what that date in fact represents.

That brings up another question:

I would expect to see a newer firmware during the course of 3 1/2 years. I checked for newer firmware last week in hopes of fixing a problem I'm having and none were available at the support site. Should I expect this to be the norm with Yamaha?

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
Yamaha releases firmware updates for some of their models, but not for all of their models.

Typically only the more expensive model lines such as PSR-S, PSR-SX, TYROS, and GENOS get firmware updates.

I don't know if that's because the less expensive model lines have hardware or software design limitations that prevent them from being able to install firmware updates, or if it's because of some other reason.

What issue are you having with your DGX-660?

Reaction score
When I'm using a style and playing a song, it fairly often will misplay middle c. In other words it's the wrong tone. being as I'm really new and learning, for a while I thought I was just goofing and hitting the wrong key but as I got more comfortable with the song I decided that can't be. So I set up a camera and captured it and found I was hitting the right key so if I hit it and it sounds wrong, I could hit it again and it sounds right.

On the linked video, 35 seconds or so long, at the very end I hit the key and it tones wrong, and I quickly hit it again and it sounds right. Unfortunately, I hit it the second time every so briefly. The song is a beginners score of Lean on Me.

BTW...in this music it is bass clef in this instance, and it is configured for this song las the split point. Yamaha thought it might be a voice issue, and wanted me to try a different voice. It happened with the different voice also. Past couple days, instead of being off key, it has just not played anything...but I have to say I'm experimenting with how hard / soft I hit keys, and it may be my hitting it too soft. I need to play a bit more to determine that.

Last edited:

Ask a Question