Roar By Katy Perry midi with vocals

Reaction score
Did this one with my Niece's daughter, she likes Katy Perry also, she had so much fun listening to it when it was finished :)

Reaction score
That was a nice mix, I have to learn more about how you process your mixes and work with Midi, etc.

Someone had inquired about that awhile ago on you tube and I posted the steps, i used one of the lady gaga mixes,first i search the midi sites and try to find complete sequences , genraly there the larger files , around 30-40K in size, generaly they sound horrible but are accurate in content and length..as below

second step is to adjust the patches and mix, to try and get them accurate sounding you can hear me playing witih the tracks hehe < ive got the master volume down because of the heavy bass beat,,

third step is to find the vocal tracks, sound cloud, you tube ect are good sources, and a few sites in the UK , I use Ants sound recorder software to record the Vocals and save them as a Hi Def wav file for play back later

Finally comes the hard part , trying to sync the 2 parts threw my external mixer Ive found that Lady Gaga's comfort zone is 119 bpm (in most cases),, after a few sound checks and a dozen or so attempts at cueing and crossing my fingers, things fall into place ;)

Last edited:

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
Hi, nice arrangement of Roar on your part . .
But sorry to say it is hard for me to listen to Kate Perry.

Love music / love life -Ray

Reaction score
Hi, nice arrangement of Roar on your part . .
But sorry to say it is hard for me to listen to Kate Perry.

Love music / love life -Ray

TY, ..No worries,, im all over the map when it comes what I Like, if i hear somthing that catchs my attention... In this case my neice's kid though it wuld be fun to do music stuff ;)

Ask a Question