Roland fa-06 tuning problem

Reaction score
Anyone out there had issues with the FA 06 / 07 / 08 going out of tune whilst playing - i know there is a common fault with the pitch bender which sends the sound up a semitone when you push the bender forward for modulation effect but now my fa is going out of tune without touching the pitch bender

Reaction score
Anyone out there had issues with the FA 06 / 07 / 08 going out of tune whilst playing - i know there is a common fault with the pitch bender which sends the sound up a semitone when you push the bender forward for modulation effect but now my fa is going out of tune without touching the pitch bender

Same has happen to me it suddenly after some years i must add started playing out of tune and the volume of the sample i will be playing also goes up and down randomly, maybe modulation also its like it got its own life.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
The joystick potentiometer is probably just dirty and reading false signals and noise.

Temporary fix : disable joystick

Permanent fix : open it up and spray the pots with Deoxit Contact Cleaner.

Really permanent fix : Replace the joystick assembly once the contact cleaner no longer works.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
The joystick potentiometer is probably just dirty and reading false signals and noise.

Temporary fix : disable joystick

Permanent fix : open it up and spray the pots with Deoxit Contact Cleaner.

Really permanent fix : Replace the joystick assembly once the contact cleaner no longer works.

Gary ;)

Hi Gary!

How do you disable the joystick?

Thanks!

Blaine

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Read your manual. I no longer own my Roland Juno DS and have never owned an FA anything, but if it's doable there should be something in there about enabling controllers or something.

I know controllers can usually be disabled on most higher end gear.

Just do a little browsing thru your manuals. There's probably a million things in there you never dreamed of.

Gary ;)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
BTW, be thankful it's a Roland. Korg Manuals are Hindi encrypted on an Enigma Machine then translated to English by a small village of Portuguese fishermen. Roland does some of the better manuals I've seen in the past few decades. :D :D :D

Ask a Question