Roland Integra-7 vs. Yamaha Motif-Rack XS

Reaction score
I'm a guitarist, but I control sounds through a MIDI interface. I have an old Yamaha TG55 rack unit that I'm looking to update (more sounds, better sounds). My main focus is on soundscapes (weird pads and sounds, etc.), although good strings, orchestra, vox, etc., are wanted. Is there a preference between these two for what I'm looking for? Thank you.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
The Roland most likely has the better synth sounds. A lot of the Integra sounds are on the Juno DS which I own and it has lots of great Jupiter and JV patches as well as great organs and pianos and orchestral sounds.

If price is not a factor I'd probably go with the Integra myself.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Thanks. I did look at the user manuals, and the Roland has so many (100 pages worth outlining the 6000 sounds). it seems to have a LOT of weird sounds, soundscapes, etc. I wanted to make certain since there is only a $500 difference between the two.

Reaction score
I'm a guitarist, but I control sounds through a MIDI interface. I have an old Yamaha TG55 rack unit that I'm looking to update (more sounds, better sounds). My main focus is on soundscapes (weird pads and sounds, etc.), although good strings, orchestra, vox, etc., are wanted. Is there a preference between these two for what I'm looking for? Thank you.
Good luck

Ask a Question