Roland/Midi issues with Reason

Reaction score
I have acquired a Roland JV-1000 recently for arranging and creating music on Reason 4.
I have a Mac G5, I purchased a cheap midi interface.
(here's the link http://www.amazon.com/HDE-Cable-Con...1385770412&sr=8-1&keywords=usb+midi+interface)

It has worked with every other keyboard/control surface that iv'e hooked up to reason.

So when the JV-1000 is hooked up it works fine, until you press more than one key at a time. :(
It is kind of hard to explain exactly what happens. For instance, you press two keys at once, and one of the two sticks and sustains until you find that key and press it again.

Please Help! o_O

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Check your MIDI settings on both the keyboard and the software for stuff like MIDI clock Master/Slave/Off and Local Echo On/Off.

Or maybe just try a factory reset on the Roland to see if any garbage is floating around in the settings to screw up the MIDI output.

Gary

Reaction score
I did try resetting the keyboard... I went through the Midi settings, tried turning things on and off,but since I don't speak Midi, I have no clue what to look for.

PS. I'm a Canadian!

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Good Day Eh?! Ya big hoser :D :D :D

Are you in the Mississauga area? I might even stop by some time for a Tim's coffee and a donut! :D

Seriously though here's a link to the owner's manuals.

http://www.rolandus.com/support/owners_manuals/h-j

Read Chapter 5 pages 78 to 89 of the Intro Manual a couple of times to understand how to set up the JV-1000 with external MIDI devices (including a computer sequencer or other sequencer.)

If you get really stuck, msg me your phone number and maybe we can get it working together over the phone. :)

Gary

Ask a Question