Shipping keyboard from Canada to Florida.

Reaction score
I'm intending to fly to Florida this winter, but how to get my Korg PA600 there. Anyone know of a safe procedure, boxing, shipping etc.?

Thanks,

All thumbs

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
If you pack it right you could use FedEx.

Do you have a flight case for it?

Maybe if you crate it up containing the case or original packaging it should make it ok.

If you have all the original shipping material then it‘D a no brainer.

Gary. ;)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
If you ship it in a case make sure you have TSA approved locks on the case. Same if it’s carry on luggage.

Gary. ;)

Reaction score
If you intend to ship it independently you should use the same box that the keyboard came in. Most people don't keep their boxes. Call a shipper like UPS and ask them about their 'rules' for insurance reimbursement in case of damage. I recently shipped something and had it insured, UPS accepts the upcharge for the insurance BUT if you don't abide by their boxing guidelines you wont get reimbursed even if you purchased additional insurance. Packing materials need to be of a certain type (like bubble wrap). The box must be more than two inches bigger (on ALL sides) than the product being shipped. That two inches must be filled with styrofoam popcorn. So you would lay down two inches of styrofoam popcorn, insert the keyboard (wrapped in bubble wrap) on top of that, fill the sides with two inches of popcorn as well as the top of the keyboard. If this isn't followed then your insurance claim is denied. So check locally and understand the packing requirements in the event of a disaster, so that you can recoup the value of the keyboard through insurance.

P.S. This is not explained to you when you ask (or they ask you) for additional insurance. They don't explain their packing requirements, you have to ask them. They'll gladly take your money for the additional insurance but unless you know and follow exactly the boxing requirements the insurance payout will be denied. It's a sneaky way of doing business, they ask you if you want additional insurance, charge you an extra $10-15 for insurance and then later tell you that the package didn't meet the requirements. I need to open up a business like that ......

Last edited:
Reaction score
If you intend to ship it independently you should use the same box that the keyboard came in. Most people don't keep their boxes. Call a shipper like UPS and ask them about their 'rules' for insurance reimbursement in case of damage. I recently shipped something and had it insured, UPS accepts the upcharge for the insurance BUT if you don't abide by their boxing guidelines you wont get reimbursed even if you purchased additional insurance. Packing materials need to be of a certain type (like bubble wrap). The box must be more than two inches bigger (on ALL sides) than the product being shipped. That two inches must be filled with styrofoam popcorn. So you would lay down two inches of styrofoam popcorn, insert the keyboard (wrapped in bubble wrap) on top of that, fill the sides with two inches of popcorn as well as the top of the keyboard. If this isn't followed then your insurance claim is denied. So check locally and understand the packing requirements in the event of a disaster, so that you can recoup the value of the keyboard through insurance.

P.S. This is not explained to you when you ask (or they ask you) for additional insurance. They don't explain their packing requirements, you have to ask them. They'll gladly take your money for the additional insurance but unless you know and follow exactly the boxing requirements the insurance payout will be denied. It's a sneaky way of doing business, they ask you if you want additional insurance, charge you an extra $10-15 for insurance and then later tell you that the package didn't meet the requirements. I need to open up a business like that ......
yes man i also think that if we intend to ship it independently we should use the same box that the keyboard came in

Ask a Question