Pink Floyd keyboard sounds and samples

Reaction score
Hello! I have been scouring the internet for months and I am at a loss. I am a keyboard player who is trying to download sounds and samples for a Pink Floyd tribute. Most samples I find (for Dark Side and The Wall) all have the music in the background. I cant seem to find anyone who is offering or selling patched for Nords, Gaia, or anything. Saw tons of YouTube acts with the samples and sounds I am looking for. I know they are out there. Looking for some help, guidance, knowledge on what to do. Desperately seeking information. Right now my main synth is a Roland Gaia. I can get all the piano, Wurlitzer, and Rhodes sounds on my Yamaha P88 and MM6 no problem. I have a Nord and a B3 for Hammond work. Just don’t know what setting Richard Wright (or from The Wall on) Bob Ezrin or Fred Mandel used for B3 or synth. Please please please help if you can.

Reaction score
Hello! I have been scouring the internet for months and I am at a loss. I am a keyboard player who is trying to download sounds and samples for a Pink Floyd tribute. Most samples I find (for Dark Side and The Wall) all have the music in the background. I cant seem to find anyone who is offering or selling patched for Nords, Gaia, or anything. Saw tons of YouTube acts with the samples and sounds I am looking for. I know they are out there. Looking for some help, guidance, knowledge on what to do. Desperately seeking information. Right now my main synth is a Roland Gaia. I can get all the piano, Wurlitzer, and Rhodes sounds on my Yamaha P88 and MM6 no problem. I have a Nord and a B3 for Hammond work. Just don’t know what setting Richard Wright (or from The Wall on) Bob Ezrin or Fred Mandel used for B3 or synth. Please please please help if you can.
Hi Adam,

Thanks for the PM. I tried to respond there but was limited to 420 characters so I’ll pop my thoughts in here.

In the tribute I play in we pretty much create all our own samples. Here’s an example.

The heartbeat we made with a public domain generic sample. The spoken stuff as you can see our vocalists actually did this themselves.

Two reasons we do it this way: 1. It’s easy and fun. 2. PF own the copyright on their original recordings.

As far as creating the keyboard sounds, my advice is to not overthink it. Any stage piano will give you AP, Wurly and Rhodes. Then tweak to taste. You need a decent organ sound - but any emulator should get you close enough. And you need a decent synth but again any modern VA should do the trick.

IMO the trick to PF keys is deciding how to layer all the sounds. And often what to leave out or what to outsource to other musicians. PF were very much a studio band and you’ll find there are more keys parts than you have hands.

Good luck with it all. If you want more specific advice on certain parts as you embark on your journey, feel free to reach out here or on Music Player Network.

Reaction score
Hi Adam,

Thanks for the PM. I tried to respond there but was limited to 420 characters so I’ll pop my thoughts in here.

In the tribute I play in we pretty much create all our own samples. Here’s an example.

The heartbeat we made with a public domain generic sample. The spoken stuff as you can see our vocalists actually did this themselves.

Two reasons we do it this way: 1. It’s easy and fun. 2. PF own the copyright on their original recordings.

As far as creating the keyboard sounds, my advice is to not overthink it. Any stage piano will give you AP, Wurly and Rhodes. Then tweak to taste. You need a decent organ sound - but any emulator should get you close enough. And you need a decent synth but again any modern VA should do the trick.

IMO the trick to PF keys is deciding how to layer all the sounds. And often what to leave out or what to outsource to other musicians. PF were very much a studio band and you’ll find there are more keys parts than you have hands.

Good luck with it all. If you want more specific advice on certain parts as you embark on your journey, feel free to reach out here or on Music Player Network.
Sounds fantastic! My Nord Electro 2 does all the B3 a human can need hahaha. Between my Yamaha P88 and MM6 I am solid on Wurly and Rhodes. I was able to get my Roland Gaia to do SOME stuff. I think I am going to have to upgrade some gear.

We have 6 players. We are shooting for their live 70's early 80s (Dark Side tour though Wall tour) sound. Just so we have a different angle than all the super amazing Floyd acts out there. That means we are not going for the note for note thing. Even Floyd didnt do that. However, we are trying to find a happy medium between spot on album reproduction and to much "artistic license" haha.

One of the more challenging sounds is the post bridge in Hey You. The "flys" section. I know it was a Prophet-6, but I am an amatur at programing that into my Gaia.

Reaction score
Sounds like you have the keyboards you need to do the sound.

Here is us doing "Hey You". The sound you are referring to comes in at 3:36 of the clip. If you think this is acceptable I'll tell you how I programmed it into my synth and you can do similar in yours.

Reaction score
Sounds like you have the keyboards you need to do the sound.

Here is us doing "Hey You". The sound you are referring to comes in at 3:36 of the clip. If you think this is acceptable I'll tell you how I programmed it into my synth and you can do similar in yours.

Awesome video! That is the sound. If i had to guess, its two oscillators slightly out of tune from one another. Outside of that, I am just blindly guessing.

Reaction score
Awesome video! That is the sound. If i had to guess, its two oscillators slightly out of tune from one another. Outside of that, I am just blindly guessing.

Thanks Adam.

Yes you've pretty much got it. It's not overly complex. It's actually one "double sawtooth" waveform which I've detuned slightly sharp, while detuning the pitch of the patch flat by 3 cents. But you could achieve similar with two single sawtooth waveforms and detuning one up and one down.

The filter is low pass filter (supposed to emulate an Oberheim, but yes I think he used a Prophet V and Moog on The Wall - I just like how the Oberheim filter sounds) with the cutoff and resonance all the way open.

Filter ADSR is O/64/127/0 (with 127 being 100%)
Amp ADSR is 68/64/127/62

LFO1 is a triangle at a frequency of 0.06Hz
LFO2 is a sine - freq 8.25Hz

The other important thing here is I'm playing with the pitch bend joystick the whole time. It's a bit hard to see in the video as my body hides the keyboard but I'm holding down a B but wavering between it and a C somewhat randomly.

This is by no means definitive but it's how I'm getting the sound you're hearing in the clip. Your Gaia will be more than capable of something similar, have a play around and you'll find something you like.

Good luck!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hi Adam,

Man i could watch that video every day and never get tired of it. Bravo!

Reaction score

Ask a Question