SMF with lyrics line breaks for Technics KN6500

Reaction score
Greetings all ~ my first post in this forum!

I modify standard midi files with lyrics so that the chords show, interspaced with the song lyrics, a bit like a busker's cheat book. However, one small thing is eluding me and that is getting the display to tidy up just a tad so that a new lyric line appears ~ on a new line!

In other software (PowerTracks, GNMIDI etc) a back, or forward, slash on the lyric line concerned will create a line, or even paragraph break but I am in the dark as to what command (if indeed there is one.....) will work on the KN6500 or any other screen enabled Technics KN series for that matter.

I've tried <\n> and am working on using hard spaces <Alt0160> to fill up the 42-character width of the KN6500 screen thus forcing a new line, but that seems a bit crude and was wondering if anyone out there has found a solution.

I can live with it not line breaking where I want it to but would prefer that it did, mainly because I am fussy and suffer from CDO, which is the same as OCD ~ but the letters have to be in the right order.....

Reaction score
Been able to answer my own question!

The GNMIDI app has a text editor built in which will add line breaks to SMF Lyric files ~ so I now have chords & lyrics displaying in ordered lines on my Technics 6500 screen, rather than one continuous chunk of text (which was okay ~ just not very clear).

Ask a Question