Sold old keyboards and need something new, should I buy Keyscape or a real keyboard like Nord or Fantom or Kronos??? Fantom8

Reaction score
Wonder what is the best way to go? I use to have a Kronos 2 , PSR S770.
Not sure what I want now. I was thinking about a Fantom 8 I do want 88keys.

Reaction score
Maybe will wait and see what KORG is going to do for 2022. The Kronos 2 is getting old and I sold mine a few years ago.

Reaction score
I have been waiting to see what Korg is going to do for 2 years now.

The new Nautilus and a shedload of updated Synths and that is all.

No OS updates of note for anything.

The PSR range has been updated but still 61 keys only and even the top of the range the Genos, is 61/76 keys.

Even if a new Kronos comes out you would probably be best waiting to see the bugs cleared before you buy.

Meanwhile do watch the Playlist of vids from Roland for the Fantom.

Reaction score
If I needed a new workstation now with 88 keys, I'd most certainly go for a Fantom 8. Best key action in any board of its kind...

Reaction score
Go for a Fantom 8.

I have the 7 - but also an RD2000 (which has the same keybed). I already had the RD, and thought about the 8 - but its 10kg heavier than the already chuncky RD and I gig a lot - hence added the 7 rather than replace the RD with an 8.

Sonically - for piano - its personal. I like it but a lot dont. BUT its the best piano/graded hammer action keybed available. Its got a lot of synth stuff onboard, and the way it integrated with other hardware and VSTs with its zonal system means you can add a piano VST later if the onboard ones dont work for you.

Seriously - as the "brains" and Controller" for either stage of home use its unbeatable. Yes it has issues (some dont like the sequencer as its pattern based, the rhythm/drum machine has only 2 times signatures, not a lot of stage for onboard user samples - and the aftertouch is stiff on the 6/7 and prety unusable on the 8 etc) but what it does do - nothing else can at present.

Ask a Question