Yamaha PSR E373 Sustain in Logic Midi not holding

Reaction score
My Yamaha PSR E373 Keyboard works with my Gear 4 Music pedal when playing normally but when I connect it my Mac (Big Sur) to Logic to record Midi, it does not pick up the sustain. It goes straight from 127 to 0.
Has anyone managed to fix this problem? Thank you- you would be a lifesaver!

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
This sounds like a problem that either Yamaha or the authors of Logic should know about.

or both...

Have you tried contacting them?

Gary ;)

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
Have you checked Logic's settings to see if it's set to filter out MIDI Sustain messages?

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
I'm not familiar with Logic Pro, so I can't help with navigating its UI, but DAWs usually have a screen where they let you select or deselect specific types of MIDI messages you want to ignore, or filter out. Sustain is CC #64.

Reaction score
So if I set this to NOT filter out CC64 it should hopefully work. I will try that later and let you know- thanks!

Reaction score
When I go to Input filter it seems to be allowing everything through... I'm not sure if there's anywhere else to look about not filtering out commands on Logic?

Ask a Question