sound effects

Reaction score
I just bought a Roland Jupiter 80 in hopes of getting the sound effects I need for my 80's cover band. I also bought a Yamaha MOXF which I took back. It seems that no matter what board I buy, I can't get the sound effects I need which are... at the beginning of Hungry Like The Wolf by Duran Duran (you know the little arpeggiated riff) In the middle of Twilight Zone by Golden Earring (the thunder sounding effect) Red Skies at Night by the Fixx (sound effect in the middle of the song before guitar solo) anyway, on almost every tune we play there is some weird sound effect that I just can't seem to get. HELP!!! What should I do?

Reaction score
It could well be that what you are hearing are either sounds that have been sampled by a dedicated hardware sampler, a sampling keyboard, or a computer software sampler, or are only available on the specific synth that originally generated them. Aside from that, the Roland V-Synth-GT with its multiple synthesis techniques might be more suited to what you are attempting than the Jupiter-80 and sells for the same price.

Good luck !

Ask a Question