Technics PX70 keyboard modem

Reaction score
I have a friend who has a Technics PX70 keyboard and he wishes to obtain what he believes is called a modem that, when attached to the keyboard, allows different selected sounds such as an organ or Steinway piano effect to be produced. Can anyone tell me please where such an item can be purchased?

Reaction score
Further information. I now understand that what we are looking for is a Midi Sound Module. Can anyone please tell me where we can purchase a secondhand one?

Reaction score
Hello Burn4. Have already tried Ebay but no luck with the model needed but thanks anyway. I will keep looking there as it stands a good chance. Regards Brian

Reaction score
Hello Burn4. Have already tried Ebay but no luck with the model needed but thanks anyway. I will keep looking there as it stands a good chance. Regards Brian

I know this is an older thread, but for future reference, took me a while new to keys trying to figure out how to get better organ tones and without a computer/using Wi-Fi during gigs. You need a sound module and a midi cord, and with a decent module can get a whole range of good tones. We found and really like the Peavey Spectrum ORGAN module. Has over a hundred organ tones, which can be nuts if you're a.d.d. But we found a few we liked and even cut down to one, manipulating mainly the vibrato setting (you can even manipulate each tone). It's sorta small for something outta the 90s, light, easy to gig with and has a shitload of good tones - vox, farfissa, Hammond tones, pipe, on and on, I think the one we use is called rock organ, number 86. Anyways cheap, paid $100 off Reverb.com and try ebay and hasn't gave us any issues. I'm playing off a shitty beginners Casio I found in the trash so I'm not snobby bout equipment but it's a hundred times better tones with that module than on board and I didn't have the money to dish out then.

Ask a Question