Thinking of buying a Fantom G8 - suggested alternatives?

Reaction score
I lucky enough to have the money & time;
I'm more of a bassist than a key player, but I want to compose / play around and work on my basic piano playing.

The G8 *appears* to fill all those needs - good piano feel, composition tools, lots of sounds PLUS I can lay down bass/guitar lines to anything I sequence up...

So aside from the zany price, what's the downside and what other keys might compare? I've read the manufactures' blurbs on the Yamaha / Kork workstations and they just don't seem to have all the features... or am I missing something?

thanks!!!

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Yo Harry,

Also not able to comment directly on Roland stuff, but other comparable boards include :

Yamaha Motif XF8

Korg Kronos 88

Nord E3

Kurzweil PC3K8

Any of those boards should be able to supply you with the funky noises and feelings of personal bankruptcy which you so obviously crave :D

Anyway, best thing to do is tour all the local music shops take them all for a test drive before you pull the trigger and buy one. ;)

Gary

Last edited:

Ask a Question