Tuning piano sound on my Korg Kross (need specific timbre)

Reaction score
Hello there,

I just began to work with my new Korg Kross 2 88, and found out that all piano sounds in it are not enough bright and sharp in comparison to my old Roland E16.

Here is a short track (~11-14 sec) on my Korg piano which mostly fits the desired sound but still not enough good:
https://soundcloud.com/spaceinhead-795453118/september-korggp2

And here is what I want:
https://soundcloud.com/spaceinhead-795453118/september-roland

Maybe someone can advise is there any way to tune my Korg to have the second sound, or for this sound I just need another instrument.

PS Tracks are bad in performing, sorry. But they illustrate the sound.

Reaction score
Welcome

You query is a new one, usually the comment is that the pianos are to bright.

If you look at Page 31 onwards in the manual it details all the adjustments that can be made to each of the Programs and the amp modelling and FX that can be adjusted.

Reaction score
I just began to work with my new Korg Kross 2 88, and found out that all piano sounds in it are not enough bright
I can relate - I'm generally brightening up stock piano sounds too as what sounds nice when playing solo can sometimes struggle to make an impact in a rock band mix.

Agree with Col's advice on the effects - it's amazing what a difference they can make. I'd pay particular attention to EQ if I were you, perhaps try rolling off your low mids and see how you go.

tjw

Reaction score
I like the low-mid rolloff. When I was still gigging I used that on my Yamaha piano. It made it cut through without being in front of my recorded track.

Ask a Question