Two notes played at the same time

ceb

Reaction score
Hi !
When I play a note, there is another note played at the same time.

I press "La" (middle octave), the "Fa" (of the next octave) is played too (vice versa)

I tried to check inside the piano, but I didn't see anything wrong, every notes/button touch the right button of the card
I tried to returning the Keyboard to its factory default settings, I don't know if it doesn't want to return into default settings or it doesn't work

HELP ME TO FIX IT PLEASE ! (I can't play piano 'cause of that, thx)

(Sorry for my bad english, I'm not a native)

Reaction score
is your keyboard connected to some other device? if so disconnect all devices and see if it still double notes. if it stops then the device it is connected to is mirroring the notes.

Reaction score
This issue could be caused by dirt or corrosion on the circuit boards located under the keys. I will usually just replace them with new rubber contacts

ceb

Reaction score
is your keyboard connected to some other device? if so disconnect all devices and see if it still double notes. if it stops then the device it is connected to is mirroring the notes.
my keyboard is not connected with anything

ceb

Reaction score
This issue could be caused by dirt or corrosion on the circuit boards located under the keys. I will usually just replace them with new rubber contacts
Thank you but that is impossible, I bought it 2 months ago and I already checked if there is a problem with circuit boards, they are new, there is nothing

Reaction score
Thank you but that is impossible, I bought it 2 months ago and I already checked if there is a problem with circuit boards, they are new, there is nothing
If you purchased it 2 months ago then it is new and still under factory warranty. The place where you bought it should replace it or refund you. I am a keyboard repair technician and this can be a defect even on a brand new unit. Looking at the circuit boards they may LOOK brand new but have a defect. What brand and model is this keyboard?

ceb

Reaction score
If you purchased it 2 months ago then it is new and still under factory warranty. The place where you bought it should replace it or refund you. I am a keyboard repair technician and this can be a defect even on a brand new unit. Looking at the circuit boards they may LOOK brand new but have a defect. What brand and model is this keyboard?
What's the model number? Piano or synth keys?

Gary ;)

CASIO CTK-1550

Reaction score
I know that if the Yamaha low end keyboards have issues, the Yamaha factory will send the customer a new one because it is not worth the hassle of the service technician to bother fixing it. Call the Casio customer service number in your manual and complain to them. See what they will do..

ceb

Reaction score
Actually, I lost my receipt... Then I think I can't give this keyboard back.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Did you pay cash in a store or did you order it online with a credit card?

If you paid cash you mat still have the option to register the warranty with Casio based on the serial number.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
"I tried to check inside the piano, but I didn't see anything wrong, every notes/button touch the right button of the card"

He opened the case, so any warranty or return policy he may have had is void. I am sure that one or more of the screws he removed had that soft sealant stuff on them that tells the Service folks that someone has already been inside - unless he can con the local retailer into replacing it handsdown without inspecting it (like at a big box store), but that may be a problem without the receipt.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I had a similar problem and this was most definitely the solution! Thank you fellow internet user.

Ask a Question