Tyros4 or Pa3X

Reaction score
i found this site a couple of days ago and it is fantastic. This is really my first thread other than a few short replies yesterday, but I have a quick question. I have been wanting a Korg Pa3X 76 keys arranger for some time now. I'm mainly a Korg guy as I have a Korg Triton Le88, a Korg X50 and had a Korg Trinity. I do have an old Yamaha SY85, which was my first keyboard.

Anyway, I was at Guitar Center this past Monday and saw they had a Yamaha Tyros4. I sat down to play it and Ida's amazed. The only thing I don't like is its only 61 keys, which isn't a big deal but I prefer 76. I noticed the list price was $5299, but they had a weekend sale of $3499. I was so impressed that I put 1/2 the money down and the rest on law away for a month.

Then I was on Craigslist and saw a Korg Pa3X 76 keys for sale for $3200 that was less than a year old. I called they guy and he said he was retired and wanted to try playing the keyboard, but decided this one was out of his league. I made a quick offer of $2500 and he took it. He has the receipt from zZounds too!

What should I do? I thought about selling a little more stock and getting both, but that would be close to $6000 spent. The Pa3X will not have a warranty. Should that be a concern?

Thanks!!! I'm gonna make a decision by Monday or Tuesday.

Ask a Question