Tyros4 or Pa3X

Reaction score
i found this site a couple of days ago and it is fantastic. This is really my first thread other than a few short replies yesterday, but I have a quick question. I have been wanting a Korg Pa3X 76 keys arranger for some time now. I'm mainly a Korg guy as I have a Korg Triton Le88, a Korg X50 and had a Korg Trinity. I do have an old Yamaha SY85, which was my first keyboard.

Anyway, I was at Guitar Center this past Monday and saw they had a Yamaha Tyros4. I sat down to play it and Ida's amazed. The only thing I don't like is its only 61 keys, which isn't a big deal but I prefer 76. I noticed the list price was $5299, but they had a weekend sale of $3499. I was so impressed that I put 1/2 the money down and the rest on law away for a month.

Then I was on Craigslist and saw a Korg Pa3X 76 keys for sale for $3200 that was less than a year old. I called they guy and he said he was retired and wanted to try playing the keyboard, but decided this one was out of his league. I made a quick offer of $2500 and he took it. He has the receipt from zZounds too!

What should I do? I thought about selling a little more stock and getting both, but that would be close to $6000 spent. The Pa3X will not have a warranty. Should that be a concern?

Thanks!!! I'm gonna make a decision by Monday or Tuesday.

Reaction score
I would take a Korg Pa3X 76 because you are used to the Korg way of handling keyboards. I have heard from a lot of people who changed to another branch that they had many problems to get used to the new instrument; some of them even went back to their former branch.
But if you like 76 keys you should look for the new Roland BK-9 backing keyboard

otherwise

place your trust In Christ alone!

Reaction score
Thanks. I was considering the new Roland BK-9. But I can't find anywhere within 200 miles of me that has one to play. I've seen the YouTube videos of them and they seem like they are very good. But still would like to play one.

Anyway, I'm leaning towards the Pa3X mostly because I'm a Korg guy.

Thanks.

Ask a Question