Upgrade from Korg PS60 for live use?

Reaction score
Hey guys! First post here...

As a guitar player, I've decided to learn keys/piano for use with my Top 40 cover band. I have to say, I'm totally digging the keys/ piano! My intent is to add keys/synth/horn/piano parts as needed.

I'm using a Korg Ps60 which sounds good and is relatively straightforward.

I'm wondering if I should consider upgrading the PS60. Is there something in the $1,000 range that would give me much better quality sounds and versatility than the PS60?

I'm looking at the Yamaha MX61, MOX6 and the Roland VR-09. What are the differences between the two Yamahas? Other? I'm really looking for better sounding piano, brass, and synth as well as more synth options. Ease of use is important as well.

Reaction score
*Update* I picked up a Yamaha MX61. The sounds are great. My only complaint is that some of the knobs really seem "flimsy". The volume knob seems like it can snap off at any point. I noticed it was the same on some of the other offerings as well.

Ask a Question