Ways to add dance music effects

Reaction score
Hey,

I mainly play in a wedding band and we're looking to add some dance music to our set.

We're a 5 piece band comprising of vocals, guitar, bass guitar, drums and keys (me). I currently play a Nord Stage 2 and i'm ok with the synth sounds i've created. I'm also going to add a sidechain compressor direct from the kick mic to get that dance music 'ducking' effect.

But further to that, what i'd like to do is add some effects like risers ect, that can easily be triggered live and without massive amount of setup time. Is anyone doing this currently, and if so how? Ipad apps? Samples loaded into their keyboard?

I'm looking for suggestions on how this could be achieved to add that extra "sauce" on top to make it sound more authentic from a live band :)

Thanks in advance for any idea.s

Reaction score
You can do it via samples loaded on to the keyboard, or there are plenty of iPad apps (like Novation Launchpad) that can trigger such things as well. You can even go with a hardware sample pad if you want. Lots of options.

Reaction score
I must be getting old.

I read Dance music and assumed Waltz, Foxtrop, Quickstep, Salsa and was just about to say get an Arranger when I realised it was the other type of Dance music.

Thump, thump, thump we hear it wall the time over here from some kids in their tricked Vauxhall Corsa’s.

Have a look at Sweetwaters how to page

https://www.sweetwater.com/insync/5-essential-edm-sounds-make/

Ask a Question