What are some of your favorite ways to promote your music?

Reaction score
Hi guys.
What are your favorite/most effective ways that you promote your music/recordings? Do you focus on fan word-of-mouth? Social Media? Etc.?
Let's put together a list of some of our best promotion techniques in this thread.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I spam my relatives and friends with emails and forums with my soundcloud page in my signatures. Other than that I've started following every artist who follows me on soundcloud hoping for some reposts.

Then again I only do this for self satisfaction. I'm not looking to make money, though I'm thinking of remastering some of my better pieces and putting them up on bandcamp.

After that I'll personally deliver a cream pie to Donald Trump's face so my album goes platinum :D :D :D

Gary :D

Reaction score
Caveat: I don't play original music, so the below is purely related to promoting live shows.

When at home playing in smaller bands: Word of mouth, facebook, use the venue, local gig guides.

When touring: Newspapers/radio (ads and interviews)/posters/the venue/facebook

Reaction score
Whatever I can find. Facebook, Soundcloud, Bandcamp and You Tube are my current staples. I also submit post requests (which have always been accepted) on Matrixsynth.com. But I'm always looking for new options.

Ask a Question