Website Improvement - Make a Suggestion

Reaction score
To further improve KeyboardForums to be a better resource for its members we want to have an open discussion about ideas and features that will benefit the members on this board.

Reaction score
Well, here is my 2c:

A section/guide covering all the questions and information beginners look for, like how all this technofunky keyboards jazz works. As you can see alot of the questions here is about that. Things like how it all works, what all the features are and what they mean, what to look for, how to buy and that kinda thing.

I think a section with information on how to play/lessons would also be cool, seeing as alot of people are also new(like me!). Lists of online resources, recommendations on books, how to find a good tutor, mailing lists and such.

Sections in the forums for people with similair tastes in music genre's. For example, the synth/electronica scenes, metal/rock, pure piano etc... All the main groups where members can discuss things related to their specific genres.

Reaction score
I have a few ideas
For one thing, this site needs to look a little more badass. Make the top part look cooler. Instead of that crazy bright colors with multiple views of that portable keyboard, put like a Virus TI on there or something. Or maybe just have a close up of some keys, and then "keyboardforums.com" or somethin like that. The graphics look rad, but they just piss me off for some reason. Idk. maybe its just me. But I think it should look more badass.

We should also have more sections. I think it would be a great idea to have different music styles, because keyboards are way different in each type of music.

Also, maybe have an intruments section with different sunsections, like synthesizers, piano, workstations, midi, etc.

Those are just a few ideas. Peace.

Reaction score
Oh yeah! one more thing- I dont understand the bottom few sections. Why are the subsections on keyboard videos yamaha and casio? that doesn't really make sense to me. There are a lot more than just those 2 companies. And plus, it should just be one fat section, or maybe organized by genere. Alright im out.

Reaction score
Oh yeah! one more thing- I dont understand the bottom few sections. Why are the subsections on keyboard videos yamaha and casio? that doesn't really make sense to me. There are a lot more than just those 2 companies. And plus, it should just be one fat section, or maybe organized by genere. Alright im out.

Exactly!

And I would enable the "Stats centar" on the bottom of the forum...
You know... where it says who is online, how many posts are sent etc...etc...

Reaction score
Provide On-Site Hosting For Audio & Pics

The forum that I am most active in,is the Kara-Moon.com forum,as one of it's great features,unlike any other forum that I know of,is that you can easily upload audio & pictures when you post a thread.

It's just a matter of clicking on the "options" icon and you can add audio & pictures-just as easily as adding text to your postings.

I think this feature would be the most prolific way to help add more atmosphere and activity in this forum,because this forum is a dead stick,compared to alot of other forums.

I am on the Kara-Moon forum on a daily basis,because there is such a communal buzz happening there everyday.

I joined this forum because it deals strictly with keyboards,but for some reason,the brand-specific forums like Korg for instance,get all the attention and activity and perhaps this forum is just too generalized and it's on a very small scale & it needs to expand & branch out somehow.

Reaction score
Yeah that would be definitely a good idea to be able to share audio clips and such, it would make it easier for everyone to explain things, share ideas, etc.

Reaction score
Sharing audio is definately a great idea the only problem with that is how to handle the bandwidth issues over the long run. A mp3 could be about 2 megs each... if its hit 1000 times a day the bandwidth issue can be out of control.

Keep the suggestions coming .... all are being considered and will be implemented if possible.

Reaction score
The implementation of audio file sharing is most certainly a possiblity,provided that this site is adequately funded by more sponsorship,so that you will have the resources to increase the bandwidth of this site.

I think it's fair to say,that without additional sponsors,this site will cease to flourish & eventually & inevitably fold.

If you could somehow get some major keyboard retailers or manufacturers to support this site,as means for them to promote thier products,everyone benefits from it.

Word of mouth-via the keyboard user,is the cornerstone of promotional sales for musical instrument companies,so I just don't see the complication in expanding this site in this manner.

Reaction score
Hello guys i just wanted to give you an update of where we are at.

Im still looking on ways to be able to upload and organize mp3's. I could turn on attachments but it wouldnt be property organized and im looking for something that handles files a little better with categories and member music portfolios so stay tuned for that.

Sections in the forums for people with similair tastes in music genre's. For example, the synth/electronica scenes, metal/rock, pure piano etc... All the main groups where members can discuss things related to their specific genres.

We should also have more sections. I think it would be a great idea to have different music styles, because keyboards are way different in each type of music.

Suggestions are needed for categories.

Ambient? Classical? Techno/Trance?

Vote for your 5 favorite style forums categories to be created. We will also have a general categories for styles that dont have that much interest.

There will be more upgrades within this week but we are gonna take one step at a time.

Reaction score
I guess one category would be psychadelic/experimental synthesizer. I've never seen a forum for this category, but I know I'm not the only one out there who wouldn't mind asking questions about this. The description could be something similar to "Using synthesizer to manipulate sounds in a way that is notably 'space-like,' unworldy, and new and innovative techniques." Something like that.

Reaction score
Well, on the topic of genre sections, I think it's best to have the sections on the broad and related fields where keyboards generally perform the same function in music

In metal/rock, the music and sounds coming from the keyboard is usually supplementary to the rest of the band, so lead parts are less prominent and orchestral and classical sounds play a bigger role. Sequencing, arranging and sampling, I expect, is almost never used, and synths are sometimes used.

In classical, well, I suppose it just deals with classical piano peices.

In electronica, synths, samplers, arrangers and sequencers are used.

The main thing is the approach used in creating music for these different groups. Something along these line.

So my suggestion for sections is metal/rock, classical electronica(does ambient fall under this?).

Reaction score
Ive added 6 forum categories to the electronic music style section.

Ambient, Classical, metal/rock, experimental, new age, techno / trance

Feedback is appreciated.

Moving onto the main keyboard forum categories. Im going to need some more suggestions.

I would like to hear the other members feedback regarding which categories they think would be best for organizing the threads.

A couple are synthesizers, piano, workstations, midi. Im thinking since alot of people are new maybe we should have a beginners corner section?

Another section i think we should setup is a computer support type of forum for syncing the keyboard and pc's and so on.

--

Upcoming features that we are looking to implement within the next two weeks.

-Ability to upload mp3's,portfolio, tagging system, and category listed.
-keyboard review system - so members may review various keyboards.
-knowledge base area - tech articles n so on

Reaction score
oh... one more thing... is there any way to get rid of that keyboards video bot!?

I'll go nuts with those silly videos :D

Reaction score
So my suggestion for sections is metal/rock, classical electronica(does ambient fall under this?).

Uhm, I don't know if the section you put up called classical electronica is because of that, because that is a typo. It was meant to be classical and electronica as two seperate sections. :confused::eek:

But seeing as you have ambient, experimental, new age and techno/trance, an "electronica" section seems redundant, it should be only classical unless I'm missing something :p

Sorry for the fuss. :eek:

Reaction score
Hasn't anyone suggested a buy-and-sell section yet? :confused: maybe I wasn't looking hard enough...

Maybe a section for QAs for the uninformed such as me?

Dunno if anyone suggested a product review section... where buyers review their purchases...

Perhaps someone may want a music clip section? For Those showing/ displaying their compositional ideas/ keyboard skillz/ keyboard's tonal qualities.. errm

I PROPOSE A WHOLE SECTION TO THE KEYTAR! :D

Reaction score
Wait a minute, we need one more style section- Jazz! I can't believe I didn't think about this until now. Please add a jazz section, I have a topic to post about it, and I don't know where else to put it.

Thanks

Ask a Question