What are your other interests?

RSJ

Reaction score
I'm a bit of a car nut. well anything with a engine really.

Reaction score
I like to read books during my free time.
Sometimes, I also enjoy offering prayers to the christian God.

Reaction score
If I'm not listening to music or playing it, I'll be watching tv shows (how I met your mother, game of thrones, etc) or movies (anything with a medieval theme or sci-fi or just plain funny). I love reading books although lately all the reading I've had to do for uni has put me off that for a while, at least until the end of this week when I finish.

I'm also thinking about moving overseas for a while, living in Sydney Australia for my whole life ... so far, I need a change. At this stage I'm looking at London because I can sort of guarantee a job for when I arrive. Don't want to get stuck in a foreign place with no money.

Reaction score
Well you can always go to Tassie.... :p

The Y-man
Tassie is to close to home haha

I'm thinking somewhere in Europe or the US first and maybe somewhere in Asia later on.
I apologize for taking so long to reply, I just finished uni exams this morning!!!

Reaction score
Congratulations! It's such a great feeling to be finished with exams. Hope they went well and you get the grades you are hoping for! :)

Reaction score
I have lots of interests besides music...

Freemasonry - I am a 32° Mason and am the Worshipful Master (i.e. like the President of an organization) of my Masonic Lodge here in town. I am also a member of the Scottish Rite as well. Freemasonry is a wonderful fraternal organization with such an incredible history that it is an honor to be a part of it. I know there's all sorts of bizarre stuff out there on the history channel or out on the internet. But, seriously, in all sincere honesty... It is all complete garbage!!! Yeah, but what about the secrets and handshakes and stuff like that? Uh yeah, they are a part of it. It dates back to the building of King Solomon's Temple in the Old Testament, if you really want to know. You had three levels of stone masons: Entered Apprentice (1st Degree), Fellow Craft (2nd Degree) and Master Mason (3rd Degree). Each one has a special handshake/grip and a word (password) so each one can distinguish one from the other. That's it... That's all there is to it... Pentagrams, sacrificial pigs blood, plotting to take over the world, etc..etc... LOL... Yeah, right!!!

Golf - I love to play golf and one of these days, I will break "80".

Jogging/bike riding/fitness - I try to fight the aging process as much as I can and try to keep myself in shape. No pain, no gain!

Motorcycles - I have a 2007 Honda Shadow 750 with 31,580 miles so far. I love it and ride it as much as I can (weather permitting). Eventually my wife and I want to upgrade and get something bigger. The 750cc is a great, economical engine, and gets 52 mpg. But for long trips that take most of the day, we get a little cramped and need a little more room and a little more oomph from the engine.

Astronomy - I have a nice Meade reflecting telescope and like to peer out into the nighttime sky. Looking at the moon is boring - anyone can do that with a simple pair of binoculars. I look at Jupiter, Saturn, and the coolest thing M42 (Orion Nebula), right there under the left star of Orion's Belt. Looking at it through a telescope will blow your mind!

Reaction score
Interesting video... I'm glad the guys never mentioned anything about Freemasonry in the video, but were just fooling around with candelabras and wearing funny masks. :)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Astronomy - I have a nice Meade reflecting telescope and like to peer out into the nighttime sky. Looking at the moon is boring - anyone can do that with a simple pair of binoculars. I look at Jupiter, Saturn, and the coolest thing M42 (Orion Nebula), right there under the left star of Orion's Belt. Looking at it through a telescope will blow your mind!

Have you managed to snap many photos of these? I've just been given a beginner Celestron telescope and I've been really enjoying using it - although I've only had a chance to get to somewhere completely dark once so far.

Reaction score
I wish I could... My old Meade reflector scope doesn't have the attachment so I can't connect a digital camera up to it. I've seen a lot of photos that people have taken and they are really cool!

Reaction score
A bit late, but still, always fun to chime in.

My other hobbies mostly have something to do with the first responder work. Boats (which I mainly get my share of in SAR environment), mountaineering and mountain trucks (Icelandic modified superjeeps to be exact), and basically just being a SAR worker and a part time Firefighter. Lucky enough to have been able to put my hobbies to good use!

Am actually also a collector of fine Whisky and vinyl records. Don't have too big of a collection though at the moment as the money I get mostly goes into new gear for the other hobbies and musical instruments :p

Reaction score
Wow that sounds awesome Hansi! Sounds like a lot of hard work but I'm sure it is very rewarding :)

Reaction score
i like playing guitar and creating videos. And here is my latest. the 1rst 40 seconds or so is keyboard. I am not as well as a keyboard player
as a guitarist and have a nice day.

i did not realize i posted here before.

Reaction score
I'm a bass player, my band does covers in English and Spanish rock. 20180902_143326.jpg
Now that I'm learning this great instrument, our set list options will multiply. :)

Reaction score
Apart from playing the keyboard, I'm interested in "Videography".

I started many years ago with my eldest daughter's wedding needing a video. Since then I've taken my video camera with me on holidays and various family events like birthdays parties etc.

I have a YouTube channel for you to browse:

Reaction score
Apart from playing the keyboard, I'm interested in "Videography".

I started many years ago with my eldest daughter's wedding needing a video. Since then I've taken my video camera with me on holidays and various family events like birthdays parties etc.

I have a YouTube channel for you to browse:

Hi Harvey, thanks for sharing your channel with us. Since you joined I noticed you have posted links to your videos repeatedly - whilst we have no problem with members sharing their music, it comes across as a little spammy when a new member shares links to their content in almost every post. I hope you can understand that if I allowed everyone to do this then the site would become a target of spam, which would make the forum an unpleasant place to be ;)

Ask a Question