What Made You Start Playing?

Reaction score
Re : What Made You Start Playing?
That`s easy to answer, The Wife ---- Anything to get me off the PC. LOL
Also i think my guitar playing made her toes curl.

Reaction score
It's wierd, but I've never actually figured out what it was that made me start playing. I remember in 3rd grade, the musical director of the school was going around handing out fliers about band. I had no idea why...but I just knew I HAD to go. When the director was going around the room and askind the kids why they wanted to play an instrument, they all had a reason.....I had no clue. When he turned to me....I lied. I said my mother played clarinet and I just wanted to try it out too. BOY was that a lie :D

Anyway, no one in my family is musically inclined. I started out playing the Bb bass clarinet and moved on from there. Taught myself every other woodwind I could get my hands on.

Then college....holy crap were those kids good!!! I would just watch their fingers move across the piano and it moved me :). I WANTED TO DO THAT TOO!!! Well, I took two piano lessons before I had to leave my ex (long story) and drop out. I've taught myself ever since.

I now sing lead and play keys in a metal band and love every minute of it. I also have a solo project and some other local projects.

I can't live without music....wait....I WON'T live without music!!!!

Ask a Question